Seasonic prime gold 1000w psu

Soldato
Hi,

I've had the Seasonic PSU for 8 months now and after buying all new system parts, I'm getting no power in the system, not even LED lights.

I have tested it with a Thermaltake PSU tester and only getting the +5VSB light on and nothing else. I have changed the fuse in the kettle lead but no good. The +12v lights up for a split second then goes off.

I then tested a cheap 600w PSU and all the lights on my tester lit up and also beeped.

Is there anything else I can try before returning it and buying a new PSU? The benefit being it has a 12 year warranty so should have no issues getting a brand new replacement.

I have also changed the kettle lead from a working system and still no good.

System specs are:

AMD Ryzen 2700x
MSI x470 board
Nvidia GTX1070
2x 1TB SSD
1TB M.2 Drive
6 fans
Asus soundcard

Any help much appreciated :)

Soldato
Sounds dead tbh, don't suppose you still have the little plastic tester connector that came with it for doing a test before adding it to a PC? Would allow it to power up with nothing connected.

Black plastic thing on the left of the accessories:

prime-new-accessory.jpg

Soldato
OP
I'll have a look but I'm sure I haven't got anything like that in the box, I'll go and check now and report back. :)

Cheers for the reply. :)

Soldato
OP
Have you plugged in anything such as some fans to see if it's delivering power to them? The psu fan probably won't turn because there is no load and it won't get warm enough.
Yeah did that this morning and nothing, just been to ocuk and they swapped it for a brand new EVGA 1000W GQ PSU. :)

Man of Honour
I was looking at the picture in the second post thinking that was the one you had. Teach me to read posts properly. :o

I still wouldn't have gone for a EVGA GQ 1000w when the better Seasonic Focus Plus 1000w is cheaper, fully modular and has double the warranty. It's your money but thats a poor replacement for a Seasonic Prime.

Soldato
I was looking at the picture in the second post thinking that was the one you had. Teach me to read posts properly. :o

I still wouldn't have gone for a EVGA GQ 1000w when the better Seasonic Focus Plus 1000w is cheaper, fully modular and has double the warranty. It's your money but thats a poor replacement for a Seasonic Prime.

What he said.

Soldato
OP

I had the choice for a direct replacement but decided to go for the EVGA. Heard great things about EVGA. :)

Soldato
I had the choice for a direct replacement but decided to go for the EVGA. Heard great things about EVGA. :)

They are a good brand but they don't actually make the power supply itself. The GQ is made by FSP.

I used to like EVGA units but they have kind of gone a bit crazy with the amount of different models. Way too many in their lineup imo.

Back
Top Bottom