Seat leon se tdi 1.6

Soldato
anyone know anything about the above cars/engines i.e any known faults or problems?

Got chance to get a 64 plate one with only 40k on the clock for an absolute bargin price

Soldato
actually decent engines we run a stack of Toledos as taxis. as long as you service them with the CORRECT oil, they will see 200k quite happily

dont have any leon specific advise but they seem decent enough from my limited experience

Soldato
If this is the same in my absolute super car slayer 1.6 Ibiza (105bhp) then annoyingly, yes, it's a good engine. I'm circumnavigating 140k right now. No signs of it dying anytime soon and it's services when it says it needs it, no other time.

Soldato
Certainly in the Ibiza, it's actually the sweet spot engine over the 1.9tdi as it's lighter and delivers nominally less power (for the weight disadvantage). It puffs out if the gearing is wrong, but remap it to 150bhp and you're laughing.

Man of Honour
If it's a EA189 engine you need to make sure it hasn't had the emissions fix; if you can get hold of the VIN you should be able to check this online I believe. Bear in mind I have heard some horror stories of customers being told the fix hasn't been applied but it has then been snuck on in between viewing and collection as part of the car 'prep'...

Associate
Currently got a 64 plate with 72k on the clock. Has not missed a beat.
Can be a bit noisy as said, but on my 45 mile commute, I regularly get between 60-65 mpg. Not important for everybody, but it is for me.
SE spec is not badly kitted out. If you can get an SE Tech, its got sat nav, led headlights, rear parking sensors amongst other things.

Soldato
OP
Brought this home this week.

Seems like a great car, had the cambelt,waterpump 4 tyres and full service done before collection so should last a good while

Only problem ove found is that for some reason the passenger door hinge is loose where it bolts to the car, will tighten the bolts up over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom