• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

Soldato
Gibbo's first post on ampere, where did it all go wrong.

RTX 3090, 3080 and 3070 are now ONLINE at Overclockers UK for your viewing pleasure.
You cannot place pre-orders yet but you can on the following dates:
- 3090 September 24th 2pm
- 3080 September 17th 2pm
- 3070 October

We expect good volume on these cards and the performance on offer is absolutely incredible and the pricing is even more impressive, NVIDIA have an absolute HIT on their hands here, these cards are going to sell in their thousands especially as they are launching in peak season and offer performance vastly beyond anything else with some incredible feature set and many USP's.

Think he forgot what year it was then or that suppliers mislead OCUK over supply. At that point though there was no reason not to expect what we have experienced. Well not much anyway.

Soldato
Think he forgot what year it was then or that suppliers mislead OCUK over supply. At that point though there was no reason not to expect what we have experienced. Well not much anyway.
Yeah I was planning to wait till both nvidia and AMD had released their cards and then make an informed decision on which to get but murmurings of bad availability before release prompted me to spam F5 @2pm on the 17th and managed to get a 3080 ventus for MSRP then seeing the situation unfold that day I wasn't expecting it to arrive till Xmas but was pleasantly supprised when I got the shipped email on the 18th. Not the best of 3080 models but will certainly take it now after witnessing this ****show.

Soldato
I currently have a FE 1080ti would anyone know a rough price for it? I think for myself I would like to just sell this card get a new 3080 and replace my 650w psu.

I think it's going to get worse still with miners buying up any gpu's they can get their hands on. We all know that Nvidia are not going to do anything for the gamers so I think it's best to buy what you can now and possibly wait another 2 years until someone decent happens.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

FE model on the MM here is probably around £300 but on ebay? £450?

I bought an FE with an EK waterblock for £310 on here in December which to be honest was a steal.

I then sold a Titan X for £230 at auction which is way more than such an old power hungry card is worth.

Associate
yup, insanity prevails - i sold my 2070 (not super) for £450 recently on the bay. Had the price as a buy it now at a price I thought would be silly and was bought in 4 hours - lord knows what the dude would have been willing to go up to.

Associate
I didnt know about this gpu situation until a week ago.I had xfx rx5700dd that I stripped down the plastics and
my junction hot spot vent up to 115c.. Well let me just said that I sold it for more money that I bought it ...
But Now I'm fckd, new cards are too expensive, old are too much expensive also, and I'm in lockdown and outside is too cold..

I decided to wait for better days..

P.S:. is there any way to get on Oc store waiting list??

Soldato
I currently have a FE 1080ti would anyone know a rough price for it? I think for myself I would like to just sell this card get a new 3080 and replace my 650w psu.

I think it's going to get worse still with miners buying up any gpu's they can get their hands on. We all know that Nvidia are not going to do anything for the gamers so I think it's best to buy what you can now and possibly wait another 2 years until someone decent happens.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

On here on the MM maybe £350, on ebay, add £100 to it, but of course ebay is risky when selling.

Associate
OP
Guy came round this morning a collected my vega 65 paying £350 cash sold on facebook market place. He told me he was giong to add it to his mining farm. He also said that he had been buying cards from overclockers for his farm..

Associate
The scalpers really have affected the entire market. It is madness. I spent a great deal of time acquiring a 3080FE was definitely worth it

Associate
Typical Facebook marketplace. Put 1070 Ti up for £300 got a message saying along the lines of 'not worth that, worth £200 sell it to me'. Told him it sold within 10 hours of listing it. Get message back saying he can get a 2060 Super for £250.......:rolleyes: Ok, buy that then. Some people are genuinely strange.

Soldato
Typical Facebook marketplace. Put 1070 Ti up for £300 got a message saying along the lines of 'not worth that, worth £200 sell it to me'. Told him it sold within 10 hours of listing it. Get message back saying he can get a 2060 Super for £250.......:rolleyes: Ok, buy that then. Some people are genuinely strange.

Haha facebook is full of those, when I put my 8600k on there, kept getting false claims it was cheaper at retailers, I would then reply with screenshots of it at retailer and the person would mysteriously go silent.

For me its ebay, maximum price but high risk of been scammed as sellet.
OCUK MM cheaper due to members been more informed and also the mutual respect between members generally sees things sold at more affordable price, risk very low.
Facebook market, everyone wants it for a tenner mentality.

Associate
Currently got a MSI Vega 56 Airboost. Not played PC games for months as got PS5. Thinking of selling it and getting something like the below. Have a B450 Tomahawk Max MB, i need it to output 4K, it says on the page the max res is below this. I thought it was a mistake and on Nvidia website it says it can do 4K over HDMI, the resolution on the page below is for max DVI.
Not got enough messages for the MM here, so will try FB first, but probably have to go eBay. One sold recently on eBay for £380. Hoping to get £400 as that is double what i paid for it. But have to spend £50 on the below as i have AMD 3600 which doesnt have inbuilt graphics. Worth doing it if i dont play games on my PC currently?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr3-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-317-ms.html

Associate
I just sold my R9 290 for £290 with water block for £2.5K
I didn't really but its gone into a rig with my old i7 4790k to play GTA V at 1080 high settings (which it does very well) for the lad whilst my R9 270x and Pentium G provide the horsepower for Zwift at 1080p on the 32 inch spare room TV
The Lads happy.
The wife's Happy
My Knees aren't!

Sorry ;);)

Associate
I just sold my R9 290 for £290 with water block for £2.5K
I didn't really but its gone into a rig with my old i7 4790k to play GTA V at 1080 high settings (which it does very well) for the lad whilst my R9 270x and Pentium G provide the horsepower for Zwift at 1080p on the 32 inch spare room TV
The Lads happy.
The wife's Happy
My Knees aren't!

Sorry ;);)
Is that waterblock made out of gold? :D

sold 1080 on eBay with ekwb waterblock extra for 310 3 weeks ago, I can see the price higher now.

Back
Top Bottom