• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

GAC

GAC

Soldato
High st trade in place are now paying £1275 for a 3080fe. I can’t resist selling at that price, going to have to get my 1080 back of my nephew and let him use the back up 1050ti until this calms down.

damn thats nuts, what they selling them back at 1600 ?

Caporegime
Unless the 3080 FE hits close to/over 3k, I'll be keeping mine, even at those prices, I don't think I would bother unless the next gen cards arrive a couple of months later and only if I secure one....

Personally I rather enjoy the card than just have another grand or so sitting in the bank doing nothing.

Not to mention, if the shortage continues, which it is expected to, the things could be worth even more....

Associate
damn thats nuts, what they selling them back at 1600 ?

£1500

I did look at selling and got offers of £1400 but just don’t feel comfortable selling in person or someone coming to my house and testing it out. £1275 is too much to turn down for something I paid rrp for in October.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
wonder if they will hit 3 times rrp. if they do and people pay it we have no chance of normal prices till well in to next year.

Associate
What proof did you provide?

A video and screenshots of working product with sn visible, then also showing it being packed etc. I'm not a commercial seller so that was more of an even fight. It's been a while ago, though. Haven't had anyone trying to scam me on eBay for over a year now. Plus, I reckon it helps that over 10+ years I sold many used items and have 100% positive feedback.

Associate
The new payment system will stop one form of abuse, but Ebay's own systems are plenty open to scamming. It won't help with the second scenario of people just outright claiming the item they received wasn't as described, even if Ebay make scammers return something. Ebay issue refunds based on the status of the return label they give you. They don't really know or care what you actually return, so long as the tracking updates. It'd be nice to think that they'll be monitoring for people pulling off these kind of scams and banning those who try to do it again and again, but I have rather low expectations on that front.

Film everything, video is a proof enough (from experience). Even if by some miracle eBay opposes the clear evidence, with ombudsman's help it becomes much easier to get your money back.

However, with mentioned recent payment changes, eBay can't just take money automatically from your side anymore either (since it's just bank wire now, that can't be reverted later). They likely will return money to the buyer from their own pocket and just send seller invoice instead plus possibly use legal ways to push for payment. Though, even then it's still possible to win the conflict and eBay then just moves to recover their money from buyer instead.
Yes, it all is a hassle and takes time, however it can definitely be won.

Associate
Quick look on EBay and someone is trying to sell a 3080FE for £5699. Even in this current climate that’s got to be a punt too far.

Caporegime
people who pull out are short term idiots. ppl should be investing in btc for the long term, not short term profit, especially if mining!

the short term exponential growth has come and gone now. ppl simply put missed the boat.

ppl for short term are better off buying stocks like icbu, tsnpd, and miti imo.

I've seen it all now. People then the next sentence straight after ppl then ppl again and again.

Definitely the type of person to take financial advice from.

Associate
I gave my daughter my 1080ti FTW3 when I upgraded to a 3090. I could have got £600 for it but I'm just glad she got a kick-ass card for her PC gaming.

Same here, I gave my daughter a 2080 Super when I got my 6800xt. I'm sure I could have got a lot for it, but like you I'd rather her have a great gaming PC.

Associate
Honestly used prices are nuts.

I was lucky enough to get a 3080 Vision OC a couple of months back for £800. Then couple of days ago got a 3090 FE for £1400, then sold my 3080 locally for £1400 cash to a miner (some are going for £1600-£1700 elsewhere but I just wanted to make my money back on 3090). Free upgrade. Was way to tempting.

Back
Top Bottom