Secret Labs Titan, Noblechairs Hero or Herman Miller Aeron

Soldato
So its about time to replace my office chair and do my back a favour. I don't like the idea of a gaming chair and whilst the Titan and Hero don't market themselves so much as gaming chairs we all know they are. The aeron is obvisouly regarded as one of the best chairs to be made. My concern however is the short back. I am 6ft 2 which isnt that tall but considering my leg length is only 32" you can see I'm pretty much all torso. The titan and hero both have long backs than the aeron which is why I'm even contemplating getting a chair that isn't the aeron.

In my chair I study, game and watch stuff. They aeron seems to be not be too friendly to be fully reclined in which I like to do when reading through lectures or watching anything. This is where the appeal of the titan and hero come in.

My other issue is the material, Titan can be Pu or fabric (Nappa is out of budget) I'd be intrigued most by the fabric, hero is pu only and the aeron is mesh obviously so very breathable.

I do suffer with lower back pain, probably stemming from bad posture in my current chair of which a lot of days im in it for 16 hours.

So anyone got an experience comparing these chairs at all?

Associate
No experience of the Hero but I have the Icon (pu) at work. 9-5 job so it gets heavy use and its brilliant, so much so that we now have 3 in the office and everyone loves them. Its comfier than the seat in my BMW. I'm also like you, 6'1" but short legs long body. I can't recommend them enough.

Soldato
OP
No experience of the Hero but I have the Icon (pu) at work. 9-5 job so it gets heavy use and its brilliant, so much so that we now have 3 in the office and everyone loves them. Its comfier than the seat in my BMW. I'm also like you, 6'1" but short legs long body. I can't recommend them enough.

I went into john lewis today and had a play around with the Aeron for a good hour, after adjustment I made it very comfortably to sit in but to recline and lay back a bit it was quite naff but then again it isn't what its for. Where as the Hero and Titan both have reclining in mind with the design.

How long have you had the icon? My worry is PU leather is quite naff and warm. My home office isn't air conditioned and I get warm in my current PU leather chair after a few hours. Has it degraded at all or started to crease/show weak points?

Soldato
Would recommend anything mesh/fabric over PU - especially if you're working in a warm environment, i.e. a small room in the middle of summer with a computer in it. Then again, if you find you don't struggle with heat, it won't be a problem :)

Associate
My chair is currently the titan and i love it
the PU leather thing with sweat/moisture isn't a big of an issue as people make out can't say i've ever sat in it sweating.
Had it about 2 months of so and coming from a cheap £90 racing chair which gave me back issues for a couple of weeks. Thats all cleared up now it reclines well and feels really well made nothing has started to creak yet which on the cheap chair i had after a week things were looking rough.

Couldn't recommend it enough it's sorted my posture out really well.

If going to that budget isn't ideal then ikea do something i forgot the name for £160 thats supposed to be really good and is mesh so no PU to worry about staining or blemishing from bodily fluids urggh.

I am also just over 6ft and the chair support just about levels with the back of my head so its more than ample for taller people.

I've sat in it for a couple of hours straight and had no issues other than a numb bum but you get that in anyway seat and just walk it off for 15mins.

Just note it will take some adjusting to get to your ideal posistion i fought with mine for a few hours especially the tilt function that took some time to work where i wanted it. But everything is easy to change. I sit back with my feet on the desk at times watching the TV and never feel its going to tip.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Would recommend anything mesh/fabric over PU - especially if you're working in a warm environment, i.e. a small room in the middle of summer with a computer in it. Then again, if you find you don't struggle with heat, it won't be a problem :)

This is my issue, I am already warm in my current PU leather chair. The noblechair seems the better choice over the secret labs but the secret labs offers softweave so it gets the edge on the warmth front.

My chair is currently the titan and i love it
the PU leather thing with sweat/moisture isn't a big of an issue as people make out can't say i've ever sat in it sweating.
Had it about 2 months of so and coming from a cheap £90 racing chair which gave me back issues for a couple of weeks. Thats all cleared up now it reclines well and feels really well made nothing has started to creak yet which on the cheap chair i had after a week things were looking rough.

Couldn't recommend it enough it's sorted my posture out really well.

If going to that budget isn't ideal then ikea do something i forgot the name for £160 thats supposed to be really good and is mesh so no PU to worry about staining or blemishing from bodily fluids urggh.

I am also just over 6ft and the chair support just about levels with the back of my head so its more than ample for taller people.

I've sat in it for a couple of hours straight and had no issues other than a numb bum but you get that in anyway seat and just walk it off for 15mins.

Just note it will take some adjusting to get to your ideal posistion i fought with mine for a few hours especially the tilt function that took some time to work where i wanted it. But everything is easy to change. I sit back with my feet on the desk at times watching the TV and never feel its going to tip.

This is my issue, the two are so close but the noblechair eeks out on top more often than not but the material is my concern.

Associate
I went into john lewis today and had a play around with the Aeron for a good hour, after adjustment I made it very comfortably to sit in but to recline and lay back a bit it was quite naff but then again it isn't what its for. Where as the Hero and Titan both have reclining in mind with the design.

How long have you had the icon? My worry is PU leather is quite naff and warm. My home office isn't air conditioned and I get warm in my current PU leather chair after a few hours. Has it degraded at all or started to crease/show weak points?

Had it 12 months, not degraded at all. Its absolutely rock solid build wise too.

Here's a pic of the base as of now.

IMG-5533.jpg

Soldato
OP
For those of you interested I went with the hero and it'll be here anytime now.

Reasoning was noblechairs seem to be a wider known company, secret labs being relatively new I could never find too much on them as well as the price dropped to essentially compete with noblechairs. I couldn't really find many people that have had a secret labs for an extended period of time so couldn't see how the look/hold up 12 months down the line.

I did get the black and gold purely because it was on offer and I realised I don't care about my stiching colour why not save £30.

Thanks for the input people.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
For those of you interested I went with the hero and it'll be here anytime now.

Reasoning was noblechairs seem to be a wider known company, secret labs being relatively new I could never find too much on them as well as the price dropped to essentially compete with noblechairs. I couldn't really find many people that have had a secret labs for an extended period of time so couldn't see how the look/hold up 12 months down the line.

I did get the black and gold purely because it was on offer and I realised I don't care about my stiching colour why not save £30.

Thanks for the input people.

Good luck with the box, it's a bloody monster. DPD driver didn't seem very impressed with it haha

Soldato
OP
Good luck with the box, it's a bloody monster. DPD driver didn't seem very impressed with it haha

Yeah it arrived and he already had it at the door and was like you alright with it i was like yeah its fine tried to lift without stepping outside to get under it and that didnt work.

Ended up having to cartwheel up stairs to get it in my office!

Back
Top Bottom