Section 75 Claims - New Cars

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Sorry to say but your email contains too much waffle. Whilst it probably seems comprehensive to you, I can see how reading and understanding that is going to be a chore for him. If you write a novel, don't expect the reader to have perfect levels of comprehension.

Personally, I would have listed a simple timeline of events and stated my displeasure. Then, at the end I'd have put a "please fix by x date please" deadline and made it clear that the only satisfactory options are X, Y or Z. You've included details which also don't help your case... such as you shouting down the phone at someone :o

What I will say, is that his reluctance to talk on the phone is also a red flag to me. I suspect he is going to want to palm you off but didn't want to admit blame on the phone. By delaying things via email he's gone away to carefully consider his answer/options.

Associate
OP
Update:

Have negotiated and agreed with Selling dealer principal to buy the car back off me for 77% of the purchase price. We agreed this is the most hassle free, sensible solution so we wouldn't then have to find an alternative which I didn't really want.

Though not ideal, I think it is a good result after all of this. By the DP buying it back off me I got about 16% more than market value and 25% more than trade-in. I received payment today and they will be collecting the vehicle this evening.

Thank you again for all that contributed and provided advice

Now to figure out what to replace it with!

Man of Honour
Update:

Have negotiated and agreed with Selling dealer principal to buy the car back off me for 77% of the purchase price. We agreed this is the most hassle free, sensible solution so we wouldn't then have to find an alternative which I didn't really want.

Though not ideal, I think it is a good result after all of this. By the DP buying it back off me I got about 16% more than market value and 25% more than trade-in. I received payment today and they will be collecting the vehicle this evening.

Thank you again for all that contributed and provided advice

Now to figure out what to replace it with!
Well done and glad you have got some closure on the whole thing. Leaves a bad taste for sure, but based on what I understand that is a fair deal based on current state.

Now then, new car time! :D

Associate
OP
How much is your budget? I had to drive a mates qashqai for the last couple of days helping him move house, and honestly thought it seemed a great practical workhorse and super comfy.

I'm not entirely sure. up to £25k is fine with me buuutttt there is a slight complication. I may be moving to the States by December / Jan so I need to be smart about this. Either I:
  • buy a used car, use it for 12 months and then either keep it or sell it on (depending on whether I move to US)
  • buy a new car, same as above
  • lease a car for 24 months, use it for 12 and park it for the rest of the time or try to hand it back and get some portion of the lease payments back

To be honest, I have had my eye on a Countryman for some time now - it was going to be the car I bought before the Cactus. It's also marginally more expensive insurance wise for me than the Cactus. Some other cars I thought about were the X2, Qashqai.

snip snip
Now then, new car time! :D

Thank you Sir!

I hear Citroen's are quite good cars!

Get your coat :p

Sgarrista
Commissario
I'm not entirely sure. up to £25k is fine with me buuutttt there is a slight complication. I may be moving to the States by December / Jan so I need to be smart about this. Either I:

I wouldnt even bother looking at new / leases then. Just grab a high mileage freelander2 or something similar for a couple of grand than come moving time you can sell it to WBAC or similar and not care about it.

Caporegime
Yes I understand that but as I mentioned several times, his own representative and Citroen Customer Care both advised against that. So realistically or not, the customer was told not to do that. It can't then be he customer's fault that he or she has been dealing with the wrong party this whole time.

I mean that is a fair point - you probably ought to give him a chance to make it right though. I also think the e-mail you sent was perhaps a bit verbose, obviously you want to the key details - dates/events etc.. there but you don't need to be overly descriptive or throw in trivial stuff about whether he was going to call you on a particular day.

It no doubt is a bit frustrating that this guy won't just pick up the phone and talk to you for a few minutes to get the background on this issue.

edit - I should have read further - good that you got it resolved :)

Associate
OP
I wouldnt even bother looking at new / leases then. Just grab a high mileage freelander2 or something similar for a couple of grand than come moving time you can sell it to WBAC or similar and not care about it.

That suggestion didn't go down too well with the missus lol.

I think you're right though, lease/new doesn't make any sense with potentially a short ownership schedule.

On the basis that we might buy a used one (countryman) say a 2017 model - would it be reasonable to expect to put a few thousand miles on it during the year and be able to sell it on at the end of the year for say 10-15% less? What might be the best way to buy it? Straight cash I assume?

I found this one i like the look of and it's got the specs I would want. Just not sure how much of a loss I'd be looking at when I come to sell it 12 months on.

https://approvedusedminis.co.uk/veh...quoteref=400ade40-2026-4f74-abe7-432b977cd8ff

Ex-dealership car not used as a demo - apparently their IT tech guy was using it for 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom