Security chains, locks and weather protective bike cover?

Associate
Stormex is probably a little overkill. The Tent thing, massive overkill. I have an Oxford Rainex which is great. Can't see it ripping and the heat resistant side does work.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Stormex is probably a little overkill. The Tent thing, massive overkill. I have an Oxford Rainex which is great. Can't see it ripping and the heat resistant side does work.

Its around the same price and I like overkill :D

Edit:

What phone holder would you recommend for the bike? It's mainly for GPS purpose, voice instructions aren't too great, never trust them...

Last edited:
Soldato
gcaster said:

I thought that to start with, so got something a little cheaper and it was thinner, it didn't stay waterproof for long. So got the stormex, its a lot thicker and still waterproof after 2 years outside

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Associate
Its around the same price and I like overkill :D

Edit:

What phone holder would you recommend for the bike? It's mainly for GPS purpose, voice instructions aren't too great, never trust them...

Personally I find that I have to rely on voice instructions when riding, taking my eyes off the road in London is often a bit too risky, I also find myself actually studying google maps before a bike journey which I never do in the car. Plus in the bright sunlight of summer I cannot see the screen on any of my phones. That being said I always wanted was the Givi S954.

It ended up being too expensive for me and I went with a cheap one that I barely use now. Bluetooth headset and google maps voice commands seems to do the job for me.

Associate
I use an anti pinch pin and it's fantastic. It lets me secure the bike right through the frame. I use an almax 4 chain, which is too thick to get through the spokes. With the pin, it makes the bike very secure.

I use it with my almax 3 when out and about too.

Associate
Here's a picture of it in use on my old bike:

IMG_0007.JPG

Associate
What length is your almax3?

Mines two meters but that is because my ground anchor is under some racking so needs to reach 0.5m before getting to the bike so then pinch pin looks good.

I was wondering if it'd fit through my swing arm linkage/connection bolt holes.

I'm also not sure on the strength of the materials used if it's be easier to cut through than my chain/squire padlock

Associate
What length is your almax3?

Mines two meters but that is because my ground anchor is under some racking so needs to reach 0.5m before getting to the bike so then pinch pin looks good.

I was wondering if it'd fit through my swing arm linkage/connection bolt holes.

I'm also not sure on the strength of the materials used if it's be easier to cut through than my chain/squire padlock

I've got a 2m Almax 4, but tbh, I need a 2.5 meter one. The best place to put the pin on my new bike needs a little more chain.

When out and about, I use a 1.5 meter alamax 3, with the pin, I've had no issues securing it.

Afaik, the pin is uncroppable due to it's thickness, but as with most things, a grinder will get through it.

Back
Top Bottom