1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security lights

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by Macky, 21 Oct 2021.

1. Macky

Soldato

Wanting a security light for the back garden, to mount on the conservatory. Has anyone got any experience with solar powered ones? Thinking this might be an okay solution that doesn't involve any additional wiring. Keen to hear thoughts.

2. Relentless81

Capodecina

I have three MPOW Solar powered security lights dotted around my house and all three work fine after two years, they charge fine in the winter too. They give off enough light for using with my Blink security cameras so I dont have to use IR just the light from the security lights gives enough light for a decent image and I have them in the bin area for the bins.

They wont be as good as a proper wired LED security light but they are good enough for what I use them for. Unfortunately I went to buy another one a few weeks ago and it looks like the MPOW ones arent sold anymore but there are loads that look the same. I have the slightly wider ones, not the cube shaped one or the really wide ones but the middle sized if that makes sense.

3. alexakasloth

Sgarrista

MPOW one here as well, had it up a few years in a shaded spot and still works well.

4. Semple

Sgarrista

The mpow ones are about the best solar lights you can get. But I wouldn't say they were bright enough to be security lights. I use them in the gardens as extras to the security light - they're handy when the dog is at the end of the garden out of reach of the security light.

5. SPG

Sgarrista

Ali express has all the mpow stuff.

Works fine as bought a couple of sets of headphones.