Seeking advice for a build for TV Video Editing/Logging & Music Production - Budget £800~

Associate
Hey all,
I'm a bit of a novice looking for some advice on creating a build fit for video editing and music production.
My current laptop (since 2017) is beginning to slow down and considering its never been able to run the Adobe Creative Suite properly, I'm now looking to upgrade into something more powerful as the industry I work in will now require more working from home.

Run down of what I'm looking to do is this;
- Video Editing (Premiere Pro, After Effects)
4k is not essential
- Music Production (FL Studio, Reaper)
- Photography Editing (Photoshop, Lightroom)
- Admin (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Logging (Adobe Prelude)

That's it really. I'm not much of a gamer so I'm not looking for any specs for that kinda thing.
My current budget is £800 but I can go further if need be.

I'm unsure where to start so any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. If there's any more info I can provide, I'm happy to.

Thanks for any help!

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £866.53 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Micro atx build. 8cores/16 threads. I would have liked to add 32 gig of ram but it would add another £60

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £148.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Nvidia card so you can use Cuda to help with rendering if your software uses it. Obviosusly all gpu are very hard to get hold off atm :(

Soldato
If possible try and go for 32gb RAM its cheap enough at the moment and its one of the key things you need with that sort of work. I would go for a 1650 super instead of the 1660 as it would shave off about £100 to allow you the extra ram. Even a 1050ti would suffice (OCUK have them in stock)

Back
Top Bottom