Seeking Wireless Headset

Associate
My Corsair HS70's have packed in and seeking a new pair in the approximate £200 range, although willing to increase budget if the quality jump makes the extra £50 or so worthwhile. Being compatible with Dolby Access to use Dolby atmos license would be ideal as I found this made a huge difference with the Corsair's.

Corsair HS70's overall were okay, cheap plastic on hinges ended up cracking and then snapping, cups weren't very deep which was slightly uncomfortable at times and micro usb charging over usb C was a pain. Sound quality was fairly average.

Audio technica at2020 XLR en route so having a mic/mic quality isn't very important although having one wouldn't hurt.

A few options found so far:
Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE - £168
Bowers & Wilkins PX7 - £250 (latency seems to be too high for gaming from what I have found)
Sennheiser PXC 550-II - £250 (not having a dongle and using with Windows seems to be poor for gaming)

Soldato
Not in your category, but I like the HyperX Cloud Flight. I have two actually, one for work, one for home. Kind of a basic, no-nonsense wireless headset. But they don't do anything particularly well, like sound quality, build quality, looks, comfort, ergonomics, they do have very good battery life though. They're just a package that suits me.

Associate
I recently purchased the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE, it's superb. Built quality is premium and the sound is incredible. I like that the mic is detachable too. I also purchased the RGB stand which is another decent product from Corsair.

Associate
I recently purchased the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE, it's superb. Built quality is premium and the sound is incredible. I like that the mic is detachable too. I also purchased the RGB stand which is another decent product from Corsair.
How comfortable is the headset after a few hours?

Associate
Great. And how is the sound quality and bass? Noise isolation?

Excellent. Using the iCue software there are a number of presets but equally you can customise as you see fit. Isolation is good, noticeably better than the Corsair VOID headset I had previously.

Back
Top Bottom