Sega Astro City Mini Arcade

Soldato
22hItAM.jpg

Think it was only announced by accident so nothing official from Sega yet, but looks like they're coming out with a mini arcade console. Similar in size to the Neo Geo Mini that was released a few years ago now.

Not many details obviously, but so far 36 games, plus microswitched arcade stick.

Confirmed games so far:
  • Alien Syndrome
  • Alien Storm
  • Golden Axe
  • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
  • Columns II
  • Dark Edge
  • Ichidant-R
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Altered Beast
No news if this is a Japan only exclusive like the recently announced Game Gear Micro, source article mentions the full sized cabinets this is based on were only released in Japan so it's a possibility it's Japan only. $120.

Looks to be a much better purchase over a Game Gear Micro so far.

http://segabits.com/blog/2020/07/07/sega-announces-astro-city-mini-arcade-to-get-36-classics/

Associate
That looks great, if they added Virtua Striker 2 I would definitely buy it. The original arcade version not the rubbish dreamcast, or 98 versions. Spent a fortune in the arcades playing that.

Soldato
OP
Officially annoucned by Sega now, no additional games announced yet though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5va...h6Szqg0A3jo-HKAZjxRSgWcEoxGaP6kzyrvsVcmWgOoxQ

Open for pre-orders from Amazone Japan, they will ship this to the UK unlike the Game Gear Micro.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/セガ-(2020年12月発売予定)-アストロシティミニ【Amazon-co-jp限定】アイテム未定-配信/dp/B08CF2KHZB/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&fbclid=IwAR2NRdHPvIJAhn_HnZrD9juHAwrLeZj_3VQyOUZ6cL3Yh5NVq9caZG70bDU&psc=1&ref_=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img

Announced and showed the additional controller which you can order from Amazon Japan but oddly I don't think ship that to the UK;

dlqw25v.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That looks great, if they added Virtua Striker 2 I would definitely buy it. The original arcade version not the rubbish dreamcast, or 98 versions. Spent a fortune in the arcades playing that.

I would 100% import for virtua striker 2 arcade version, omg the money I spent on that game

Soldato
OP
13 More games announced:
  • Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams
  • Shinobi
  • Shadow Dancer
  • E-Swat: Cyber Police
  • Crack Down
  • Gain Ground
  • Puyo Puyo
  • Columns
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Puzzle & Action: Incidant-R
  • Wonder Boy
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Announced an accessory pack which includes a stand and miniature chair to go with it.

Y0raY1o.jpg

December 17th release.

Soldato
OP
Got mine today, pretty fun bit of kit, screen displays the image pretty well for the size, sounds good as well, here's it by itself and next to the Neo Geo Mini;

XWqZEik.jpg

w0KXkoA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom