1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by fieldy, Jan 9, 2019.

1. fieldy

Mobster

Is anyone else super excited by this game?

From Wikipedia:

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an upcoming action-adventure game played from a third-person view.[1][2][3][4] Although compared to FromSoftware's Souls series, the game features no role-playingelements, such as character creation, classes, and equipment upgrades, as well as having no multiplayer elements.[3][4][5][6] Rather than attacking to whittle an enemy's health points, combat in Sekiro revolves around using a katana to attack their poise and balance instead, which eventually leads to an opening that allows for a single killing blow.[3][7] The game also features stealth elements, allowing players to immediately eliminate enemies if they can get in range undetected.[3] In addition, the player character has the ability to use various tools to assist with combat and exploration, such as a grappling hook and a torch.[3] If the player character dies, they have the option of being revived on the spot under certain conditions instead of respawning at earlier checkpoints.[3]

I'm becoming a bit of a Bloodborne fan and am increasingly getting drawn into the original Dark Souls so I'm really keen to see what Mr.Miyazaki and From have come up with this time - the feudal Japanese setting really appeals as well - Day one for me :D

2. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Absolutely love the souls games and Bloodborne more so.

I'm interested in this for sure. A little concerned about the partnership with Activision but that aside, these guys make great games. I'm sure I'll buy it :D

3. Plainsong

Soldato

Day one for me. There isn't that much for me to get excited about this year but this is one of them. Love everything they do.

4. Amatsubu

Wise Guy

Of course I am, this game looks like an evolution of Bloodborne which is one of the best games ever made. Wish Sekiro had a bit darker aesthetic, though.

5. RaMDOM

Wise Guy

Only game in 2019 I think I will buy. I am not interested in anything else I have seen.

6. McBain

Capodecina

Yep big BB/Souls fan here so ill be getting it.

7. hyperseven

Soldato

ordered both PS4 and Xbox One's collectors editions when they went live back in September. Will keep one a hopefully flip the other or it can go back.

8. kurosagi01

Gangster

Too many good games coming out in short space of time...It is on my want list though with DMCV.

9. Shawreyboy

Hitman

Sold out on Amazon now :(.

Deffo a day one from me.

Shawrey

10. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Not helped by people buying 2 ;)

I jest.

11. Shawreyboy

Hitman

Keeping which ever version it runs best on and flipping the other? :p

Shawrey

12. chroniclard

Sgarrista

Combat looks a bit guff. :(

13. kinger8938

Sgarrista

;)

14. ic1male

Capodecina

It sounds more like Shadow of the Colossus in a fashion. Never liked any of the Soulsborne games so far so I hope this really is different.

15. hyperseven

Soldato

Think it sold out the day that edition went live, between £150-200 on eBay now.

Have both a pro and an X but since multiplats seem to run better on the X will probably keep that version.

16. Shawreyboy

Hitman

I'll be picked this up on the X for sure.

Shawrey

17. suenstar

Hitman

Really looking forward to this game.
    I'm not particularly good at the Souls games but really like the look of the theme and style so it'll definitely be on my list of purchases for the One X.