Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Soldato
He took me ages too, eavesdropping gives you some hints but no use if you've no oil left. In the end I stopped pummeling him when he's chained up and took out the guard at the top. Lost count of how many times I nearly had the Ogre killed, only for the bloody guard to kill me :D.

Making progress slowly, still got a few bosses to kill but the areas keep opening up at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
He took me ages too, eavesdropping gives you some hints but no use if you've no oil left. In the end I stopped pummeling him when he's chain up and took out the guard at the top. Lost count of how many times I nearly had the Ogre killed, only for the bloody guard to kill me :D.

Making progress slowly, still got a few bosses to kill but the areas keep opening up at least.
once you work out that you can run past the ogre, go up the hill to the left (kill the soldier), then perform a mid-air attack to take one of the ogre's lives. makes it a whole lot quicker and easier.

Associate
A bit before the ogre you should have found a woman who gave you a bell, use that at the temple to get a new area to explore. You can find the upgrade in an area with about 8 enemies, it's in a campfire.

Thanks I have the bell so I'll go and do that later, I have been to that area but didn't know what to do so left there! Oops

Soldato
Lol, the majority of them will annoy the hell out of you but stick with it,the game just keeps getting better and better in my opinion.

On a side note I watched a video of someone beat Genichiro at the start of the game ffs ,

Associate
Just fighting again him now, trying to get revenge for the fight at the start of the game but he is just not having it. His move set is not that hard, sure he was faster at the start of the game tbh. Think I just need a few hours break.

Associate
The thing that makes this game harder than Bloodborne is the amount of goons on top of the mini-bosses. Not even reached a proper boss yet. Any tips for taking on multiple enemies at the same time? Besides run away haha.

Soldato
Don't be afraid of luring them out using the ceramic pots or taking them out by stealth one at a time then running away. Taking on more than 2-3 at once is a recipe for a bad time in my experience.

Associate
Slowly getting a lot better at this now....I originally went the route of Lady Butterfly....come back on myself and got to the Ogre you lot mentioned above and killed him first time....its just been about getting out of the Dark Souls playstyle for me.

Soldato
Loving this now. Finally sat down and put some good time in. Found this ogre and he was a really fun fair challenge imo. Eavesdropping in the area gave helpful info.

Had my first proper boss too which was great. Beautiful visually too

Soldato
The thing that makes this game harder than Bloodborne is the amount of goons on top of the mini-bosses. Not even reached a proper boss yet. Any tips for taking on multiple enemies at the same time? Besides run away haha.

Good chance you'll get overwhelmed attacking a group. So plan a route, use stealth to take out as many you can until you get confident with blocking/deflecting.

Learn which guards are easiest, usually those with guns and those with a visible top knot can be deathblown pretty quickly, those with straw hats usually parry and attack but the pattern is predictable.

Remember you're a shinobi, dirty tactics are okay :)

Soldato
Just fighting again him now, trying to get revenge for the fight at the start of the game but he is just not having it. His move set is not that hard, sure he was faster at the start of the game tbh. Think I just need a few hours break.

Fought him once but got owned, so decided to explore. So got him and the elite Ashina samurai to beat in that area. I notice there's a window in the dojo room so I'm thinking I can get one deathblow in via stealth.

Back
Top Bottom