• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

sell 1080ti + gsync monitor?

Associate
was thinking of selling my asus strix 1080ti and asus 27 inch gsync monitor, that will get me around £950ish

then buy a Radeon RX vega 64 and a quantum dot 34 inch samsung free sync monitor

the reason is so i can get the new samsungs freesync HDR monitors

i will have to add around 300ish on top but what do you guys think?

apparently in mid 2018 there will be gysnc monitors with HDR starting cost of £1500 and upwards

Soldato
I wouldn't. You've already paid through the nose for this setup. If you managed to drop lucky and get a decent gsync screen then hold onto it.

Associate
OP
Why, just why?

well ive been looking to upgrade my monitor as ive had this one for 2 years now, getting a new monitor must exceed the specs of my existing one, 27inch Asus Rog 2560x1440p 144hz, now i want to get a bigger monitor or a wide screen one, obviously GSync is a must and a fast refresh rate with HDR, but theres nothing on the market of that spec unless you have a AMD card.

Associate
well ive been looking to upgrade my monitor as ive had this one for 2 years now, getting a new monitor must exceed the specs of my existing one, 27inch Asus Rog 2560x1440p 144hz, now i want to get a bigger monitor or a wide screen one, obviously GSync is a must and a fast refresh rate with HDR, but theres nothing on the market of that spec unless you have a AMD card.

I understand we have the need to upgrade but most people will say vega isn't an upgrade on your 1080ti and to go better than that it would probably be Volta which isn't far away. I'm not sure what is coming out monitor wise (maybe ask in the monitor section) that could meet your desired spec without changing cards?

Soldato
Wouldn't bother, the 1080ti is a whole tier ahead of Vega which is heavily overpriced.

If anything, this would be putting time and effort into downgrading your rig. Why would you want to do that?

Associate
OP
Wouldn't bother, the 1080ti is a whole tier ahead of Vega which is heavily overpriced.

If anything, this would be putting time and effort into downgrading your rig. Why would you want to do that?
i see, most people, well everyone commented to keep the ti, hmmm before vega was released the hype was extreme, you tube and on the forums, where is all that gone?

i mean there is a Vega64 that is worth a whopping £899, right now, the blue card, that worth more than a ti ....

Soldato
The chip is great and is much better tech than Nvidia they just don't hit the clockspeeds. AMD are re spinning Vega so hopefully that allows for faster chips.

Back
Top Bottom