Selling a phone

Soldato
To be fair to her she has offered to pay it friends and family and is fine in doing so.

Surely it cannot be "re-claimed" using that method?

Incorrect. They just tell PayPal that they sent the money to the wrong person and they get it back. It's a gift.

You get zero protection as the seller as you're not allowed to conduct business transactions through F&F as PayPal don't get their cut.

Soldato
"OK I've had a chat with the buyer and they are happy to use PayPal friends and family"

You get zero protection as the seller as you're not allowed to conduct business transactions through F&F as PayPal don't get their cut.

you can send an invoice from a personal account :
This is not a F&F,
Paypal do get their cut (3.4%+30p)
This seems a reasonable compromise versus ebay fees of 10% ? and also gives seller protection

[in my earlier post I said invoice capability was only available in business account, but I just found it is available in Personal account too]

Man of Honour
Gumtree is for face to face only.
Anything else is almost certainly a scam - even Gumtree will tell you this.

Seriously, I think we need a sticky on this because it comes up all the time.

GUMTREE = FACE TO FACE ONLY OR YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF

Soldato
you can send an invoice from a personal account :
This is not a F&F,
Paypal do get their cut (3.4%+30p)
This seems a reasonable compromise versus ebay fees of 10% ? and also gives seller protection

[in my earlier post I said invoice capability was only available in business account, but I just found it is available in Personal account too]
Where did I say you couldn't? I'm talking about seller and buyer protection for friends and family. Friends and family is totally separate from what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom