Selling cars....

Associate
HI I'm after some advice....

I HATE selling cars, I figure it always costs too much money and takes an age.

So, what combination of adverts do you guys use?

The only one that seems to be of any use (and costs a fortune, though I must say I'm not even getting nibbles atm :( ) is Autotrader.

Any suggestions would be handy :)

Man of Honour
Autotrader 3 week thingy - 3 weeks online and in magazine. It's about 45 quid but provided the car is priced right its all you need.

Soldato
Autotrader.

If your car is priced right it will sell. If there is no interest, price is wrong, imo.

Associate
OP
Well there that and that its a convertible.... tis the wrong season to be selling one atm...

Might be right about the price, though its about right according to parkers...

Yeah currently doing the Autotrader £40 3 week deal, now at week 4... :(

No other car selling device worth the effort?

Associate
OP
2001 Mx5 1.8i Sport, 37k.
+ Stainless Dual Exhaust
+ Full Mazda Body kit (inc Sports spoiler)
+ Hardtop
+ Ipod stereo (inc dock)
£5249

Parkers places it at £5k, got about 2k of extras over the standard car. So I didn't think the price was off... Am I wrong?

Presuming I'm not allowed to post the link... :p

Man of Honour
It might be genuine Mazda stuff but that bodykit and huge rear wing are going to put off more people than they'll tempt.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15050988 said:
It might be genuine Mazda stuff but that bodykit and huge rear wing are going to put off more people than they'll tempt.

I agree. The majority of your target audience will think "modified, ignore". You may be better placing the advert on owners clubs and piston heads.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15050988 said:

I agree. The majority of your target audience will think "modified, ignore". You may be better placing the advert on owners clubs and piston heads.

Associate
OP
hehe thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

To me standard MX-5's have never really had enough 'edge' to be a proper sports car...

But yeah I can see what they mean.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
The people that are looking for MX5's are looking for one "Out the box" & Not one that looks like a box.
What was you thinking. :(

Top Bottom