• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling GPU to CEX

Associate
Recently put some old GPUs through my local CEX and then managed to snag a 6800XT from OCUK. Yes i must be mad but the old cards were just gathering dust and i must say excellent service. All sorted within 3-5 working days. I wonder in a couple of years will i get my money back when the 7000 series comes out :cry:

Soldato
A good little sideline with CEX is find out what type of testing rig your local store has then trawl eBay for cheap faulty CPU’s that don’t fit it…

;)
I've seen reviews on there where people have delidded crap cpus then put a top tier ihs on it instead, fraud at its finest! Must just check that it boots then leave it at that.

Soldato
I tried to sell a GTX 970 (which was fully working) to CeX a couple of years ago and both of my local stores refused to take it because neither had a machine set up to test it with. Maybe it varies by store or they're more lax these days.

Caporegime
I tried to sell a GTX 970 (which was fully working) to CeX a couple of years ago and both of my local stores refused to take it because neither had a machine set up to test it with. Maybe it varies by store or they're more lax these days.
Much more lax I think, sold a couple of old GPU’s and CPU’s (both fully working! :D)to my local store recently, cash handed over straight away with no testing whatsoever.

I've seen reviews on there where people have delidded crap cpus then put a top tier ihs on it instead, fraud at its finest! Must just check that it boots then leave it at that.

Given your trade ins are linked to your store account I can’t see anyone getting away with this too often, unless of course you set up fraudulent accounts although I’m fairly sure they require verifiable proof of id to setup an account - its that long since I opened mine I can’t remember.

Soldato
Would it be a good idea to sell my tuf 3080 at this point? It's dropped a bit in value from almost 1k to just over 900 now. Paid 650 for it but unsure if the time is right. Unless i try selling away from CEX but dunno if I want to.

I have 2 backup cards, one being a 3060ti so that's not an issue.

Caporegime
my friends wouldn't know what a GPU is,

the card is just going to sit gathering dust if I don't take it in to CEX, was going to try gumtree but would be a bit worried about face to face, never know who's going to show up,

996 more posts and I'll have a look at putting it on the MM market here :D
this forum has a market place btw :p your a long way from gaining access though

Associate
Would it be a good idea to sell my tuf 3080 at this point? It's dropped a bit in value from almost 1k to just over 900 now. Paid 650 for it but unsure if the time is right. Unless i try selling away from CEX but dunno if I want to.

I have 2 backup cards, one being a 3060ti so that's not an issue.

I would go with no, thats quite low for a 3080 on the current climate.

Associate
Why not consider collection only option on Facebook marketplace or ebay.. Ideally when the discounted fees are available (usually once every two weeks, should be active again this coming Friday)

Associate
Sold my 1080ti to CEX this morning. Yes, I could have received more for it if I wanted to risk potential scammers in online marketplaces, but I decided to go for the simple, straightforward and risk free approach. I did a 'drop and go' sale online and dropped the GPU off at 9.30am this morning. I received email updates on its testing progress and then a payment notification just before 11.30.

Associate
Sold my 1080ti to CEX this morning. Yes, I could have received more for it if I wanted to risk potential scammers in online marketplaces, but I decided to go for the simple, straightforward and risk free approach. I did a 'drop and go' sale online and dropped the GPU off at 9.30am this morning. I received email updates on its testing progress and then a payment notification just before 11.30.

That's efficient service from CeX! Not worth taking the risk on eBay with GPUs at the moment - at least not until the current climate changes.

Soldato

What did you get for it?

Back
Top Bottom