Sennheisser Game One headset on Xbox One x

Soldato
As per the post title, Can you use the Game one with the xbox x? Do I need to buy an adapter or anything for it?
They've probably got a 3.5mm jack input on them so you can connect them directly to the Xbox controller (on the newer version with the 3.5mm jack port built in). If you've got an older controller then you'll need an adapter like the one that comes with the official Microsoft stereo headset.

In terms of what Psycho is saying, you may want an adapter anyway because some headphones won't have controls on them to mute, or change volume, or the party mix. I bought the PS4 Wirelss Golds to use with my xbox and promptly realised that none of the headphone controls worked, so I switched to the Arctis 7, which have been great.

Associate
OP
Thank for the replies guys. My Xbox bundle arrived Sunday and the controller does have a 3mm jack. If I got a splitter cable for the Senny Game One would that work with the MIC on it?

I do have a birthday coming up in December though so potentially could look at a new set of cans for the Box. Those Arctis 7 look tidy. Do you use those just as is or have you got a headphone AMP for them?

Soldato
Thank for the replies guys. My Xbox bundle arrived Sunday and the controller does have a 3mm jack. If I got a splitter cable for the Senny Game One would that work with the MIC on it?

I do have a birthday coming up in December though so potentially could look at a new set of cans for the Box. Those Arctis 7 look tidy. Do you use those just as is or have you got a headphone AMP for them?
I don't think you'd need a splitter, everything should work through the jack if it's anything like the Arctis.

The 7s are great, they're fully wireless on the PC and PS4, but the xbox you do have to plug the 3.5mm into the controller. That gives you stereo sound, mic, volume control and muting on the headset. The only thing that doesn't work is the party mix balance, so if your mates are overly loud you might get frustrated that you can't hear your dialogue. You don't need any AMPs or wizardry, I don't like all that faff.

Associate
OP
I don't think you'd need a splitter, everything should work through the jack if it's anything like the Arctis.

The 7s are great, they're fully wireless on the PC and PS4, but the xbox you do have to plug the 3.5mm into the controller. That gives you stereo sound, mic, volume control and muting on the headset. The only thing that doesn't work is the party mix balance, so if your mates are overly loud you might get frustrated that you can't hear your dialogue. You don't need any AMPs or wizardry, I don't like all that faff.

The Senny's have two separate jacks sadly. I might just make do anyway until the birthday comes around. Currently using some Senny HD555's and they work well enough, just might be doing some coop with a mate in a couple of weeks when he is back from the states.

Soldato
The Senny's have two separate jacks sadly. I might just make do anyway until the birthday comes around. Currently using some Senny HD555's and they work well enough, just might be doing some coop with a mate in a couple of weeks when he is back from the states.
Ah yeah, then you need the splitter. I saw this recommended on Reddit for the Game Ones - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IM36VU0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fEelAbVRDMX75

I feel like that's an overpriced version of what is just a splitter, but it does have a lot of good reviews.

Associate
OP
Caporegime
sound quality through the controller is never going to be comparable to that of an optical lead going to a mixamp.

it's like buying a ferrari engine then putting it in a corsa. you will never use the headphones to their potential.

Soldato
sound quality through the controller is never going to be comparable to that of an optical lead going to a mixamp.

it's like buying a ferrari engine then putting it in a corsa. you will never use the headphones to their potential.
I've never used a mixamp myself, so can't comment. User comments seem to be the usual sound quality mixed bag with those who have already shelled out for one vs those who are happy with their current setup. Probably one for the audiophiles.

Caporegime
I've never used a mixamp myself, so can't comment. User comments seem to be the usual sound quality mixed bag with those who have already shelled out for one vs those who are happy with their current setup. Probably one for the audiophiles.

how much does a controller cost?

like £25 to a retailer. so they are being made for less than £10 each.

that means the parts are the cheapest they can get. there is no way it will have a powerful AMP inside the controller to power them properly. you then have to factor in what the quality of the bluetooth controller will be like. the old ps4's were hit and miss i know my original ps wasn't made right and the BT controller was faulty. xbox will have similar issues. then you have to think about how good will the DAC be inside the controller too?

all of them will be like £1 each max. so cheap crap.

it may sound fine to someone who doesn't know what real audio quality is. but then why are you spending £100+ on a set of headphones but then using £1 parts as the source? why not just plug in a cheap £20 headset? save yourself £100.

i don't even rate the mixamp too highly the AMP is very weak. more than powerful enough for sennheisers but it won't power AKG's which are power hungry. where do you stop? you have to somewhere because of law of diminishing returns. however the mixamp is very good for what it is and i don't think £50-£100 is too much to ask to spend on one if you want decent sound quality.

you can buy them second hand they are pretty well made.

Back
Top Bottom