US: SENSE8 - Wachowskis - netflix

Man of Honour
When Wolfgang is going for the car boot is a great moment - you know its going to be bad before you know what is inside heh.

I'd have been ok if they'd kept the sex/LGBT to a 7 or 8 but ramping it upto an 11 just detracts from what otherwise had the potential to be one of the best TV series in a long time.

Man of Honour
Ending was a bit meh - leaves it open for a sequel I guess - one before last episode was pretty decent I thought (gave a bit of a teaser for what it could have been).

Now I've seen it all its basically a feature length movie stretched out to 12 episodes by padding it out with copious amounts of "check list ticking" and dubious sex/making out scenes :S

Overall enjoyed it but thought it fell massively short - so much more they could have done with the connections never mind the back story - was really hoping to see some action with 2 of them there in person swapping in and out as needed with the others - would have made for quite a finale.

Nothing wrong with some decent LGBT+ representation. The first few episodes are really slow but once you get around half way it really starts to pick up.

It was ramped upto 11 though and at the expense of the rest of the production IMO if they'd backed it off a little and put the effort into exploiting some of the core potential of the concept more it would have been 10x the TV show IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah nothing at all the LGBT thing pops up quite a lot in orphan black it doesn't detract from the main story at all whilst still pushing the agenda without graphic in your face soggy strapons lol. I'm just not seeing what it adds to the story.

I mean I could see two girls kissing and see they're lesbians or bi I don't need to see them **** to get the point :D.

I must admit I didn't give it enough of a chance I'm on episode 4 and finding it much more enjoyable.

I still only know what's going on as I read the plot before watching it. That's not a good sign.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yup lovely tv series really, sure some slowed down moments but the quality and characters and general crazy plot were good enough to keep me hooked till the end.

Soldato
Seemed very slow to me. Although others can do this (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones) they are usually building to a 'moment' that leaves your jaw on your chest. The moment never came.

The whole season seemed more like an introduction than the actual show.

I don't think it was really until the escape in Ep 8 that we really saw them helping each other out in a major way. That's pretty slow moving

Having said that, there was some good cinematography, acting, settings and all in all still a worth while show I guess.

Soldato
Just realised Gorskis dad is Cypher from The Matrix. I knew I recognised him, working with the Wachowskis again.
Ah so that's who it was! I was racking my head over it and kept thinking it was the chap who played Cliff Clavin in Cheers for some reason lol.

Finished watching the show last night. If you can handle the constant, absurd amounts of gay/lesbian etc scenes the show does build up to a decent finale where we see the characters all co-op with each other. As with all NF shows, the cinematography is absolutely great.

Soldato
agreed lurkio. I really really enjoyed. Normally I don't super enjoy slow pacing but as its actually interesting as opposed to most trash on tv I could totally get into it. Liked it a lot!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Yes it was good although a little bit too much emphasis on the physical relationship between blokes. :eek:

Permabanned
Easyrider, you need to give it more than 2 episodes.

I almost dropped it after 2 too. Glad i didn't but it could still have done with more plot and less wachowskis trying to tell us something we already know. Take away their stuff in the script and it's mostly style over substance but the substance that was there was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom