US: SENSE8 - Wachowskis - netflix

Soldato
It's been so sodding long that I can't remember what happened in S1 at all, nor do I really care I guess. I enjoyed it heaps back then but couldn't see the show really lasting long. I've got the Xmas Special ready to watch but am not fussed either :/

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yeah its been such a long time, forgot what happen in season 1 as I recall it showed some promise then got boring quickly!

Associate
just finished the first season last night , loved it ! acting was great . continuity brilliant , and the music fantastic .

as said above ,get past the first two episodes and you will love it

Associate
Finished this over Christmas (including the special) and while I enjoyed it and love the overall idea, honestly I don't think the individual stories have much in the way of legs (apart from Wolfgang and Riley/Will). For me a new season should have been about a new cluster with maybe a small overlap in the larger BPO plot.

Soldato
I did struggle to remember some of the plot threads when I watched the Christmas Special but that's purely because it's been so long since I watched S1. I did like the nod to the fact that the bus driver suddenly looked different (due to re-casting). That was handled rather well, I thought.
My favourite aspect of it all is the scenes where they are experience the same thing. Not necessarily the sex (which can feel a bit unwarranted) but events like the fireworks and the party. It suggests quite well the shared mind concept.
Still can't get used to seeing Freema's boobs. Seems so odd from someone I original 'met' on Doctor Who. :)

Soldato
I watched this last year as it hit Netflix after hearing all the hype before the release. I remember Riley(real name Tuppence something..) on Radio 2.

It's an interesting idea but they barely do anything constructive with it. Over the whole season nothing happens until the last 1 or 2 episode/s, everything else is kind of like exploration of oneself and whatever caper they are involved with that episode and one of the other Sense8 will for some reason appear and solve the situation.

After what happens at the end of season 1 season 2 has reason to change pace and "get going" but like season 1 it will probably just be filled with twaddle.

I'm not in any rush to watch season 2 and probably won't.

Soldato
Watching the start of the second series now. I enjoyed the diversity of the first, albeit because of the Waxckowski sister new found love for being transgender, it wasn't overly preachy.
It is still keeping me fairly hooked and I find the cinematography to be excellent. The variety of scenes and actors (who all do a good job) makes this show stand out amongst a bunch of crap atm. Another hit for Netflix who imo atm are unrivaled as a tv provider.

Soldato
Just binge watched both seasons over the weekend, enjoying the underlying story, the whole force fed LBGT nonesense is a bit too much at times it just seems forced and totally superfluous to the story and put there just to get a reaction...
I'm not against it but I think i'd have enjoyed it even more if it was toned down a little.
But still i really enjoyed and and look forward to the next season, god damned cliff hangers though, wanted to punch something when the last episode finished...

Soldato
I take it back about it not being preachy. This second season is so full of itself when it comes to the sex. It quite distracts from how good the show is. Oh no here comes another slow motion scene. Sigh.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I take it back about it not being preachy. This second season is so full of itself when it comes to the sex. It quite distracts from how good the show is. Oh no here comes another slow motion scene. Sigh.

Thats why i stopped, the whole group sense 8 sex gets pretty old fast. I think for me it emphasises too much on it and has to remind the audience every chance, hey look at us we are gay, hey its ok to be gay etc. Not really missing anything i guess from what i read on season 2.

Last edited:
Associate
TBH outside of one big scene in the Nomi arc (which on the whole is far less egregious than last year) it was nowhere near as bad as people are saying on that front.

Associate
Bit of a shame, now they'd finally got the characters together we could finally see the stuff people wanted from the BPO plot (and subsequently made everything cheaper once you didn't need your stars on location in 7 different places). Once the scope of larger plot was revealed did anyone really need to see more of Kala's marriage or Caphaeus' election campaign?

Then again I'm not sure anyone involved really had a handle on what people wanted when they completely glossed over what should have been a great triumphant scene in the cluster finally meeting in person.

Soldato
I thought S1 was really well done despite the checklist Arknor posted early on it being spot on. It was trying too hard overall and I couldn't get into S2 at all - probably because the gap in between seasons seemed so long that I lost interest.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yup canned tbh I think they made everything a bit too complicated with too many characters and storylines. That and the delay between season 1 and the special or season 2, people had 'moved' on it feels and forgot about the show.

Back
Top Bottom