US: SENSE8 - Wachowskis - netflix

Soldato
Finally got around to watching s2, it went ott at times but surprised they've cancelled it (with the exception of the 2 hour finale that's been announced this week)

Stronger than s1 even with all the jumping around between everyone and it was good to see them start working as 1 more often.

Soldato
It was costing 9 million per episode, I can see exactly why it was cancelled...

I have heard they're planning a single "end of" movie length episode though...

Associate
With the way season 2 ended I'm guessing our special will consist of:

Finding out the full nature of clusters
Nomi's mother finally accepts her in a 20 minute scene that wastes far too much of the special.
our heroes go to war with the BPO and win
Everyone tells Nomi how awesome she is.
The BPO falls
A big sex scene.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Am glad its getting the closure it deserves but I think that gap between seasons and the vast array of characters and plot lines made this show fall apart before
it had started.

Caporegime
Am glad its getting the closure it deserves but I think that gap between seasons and the vast array of characters and plot lines made this show fall apart before
it had started.
I still enjoyed it and appreciated it as a visual extravaganza the likes of which I have rarely seen before and lets face it the concept its pretty damn creepy and well executed if you look through all of the yayimbiorgay celebratory stuff. Whispers is a creepy and relentless baddie. Plus I am mildly in love with Kala and Riley. :D

Soldato
I#m confused. I thought it finished ages ago. I remember watching season 2 and it seemed to end fine. Is there now going to be another 2 hour episode, so long after the last season 2 episode?

S2 ended and they believed it would be back for s3 then Netflix cancelled the show and the fans were upset they didn't let them give a proper ending, it was then brought back for this finale to wrap everything up hopefully and close the series off properly.

Caporegime
I'll watch it over the weekend, shame it didnt get to run its natural course, what with JMS planning out a whole 5 year arch as he often does...
The problem is that the storyline just wasn't tight... it had a great plot but structured an episode so that it was 80% "self-indulgent filler" and 20% actual tense action and set pieces. They focused way too much on the whole Gay/Bi thing and I think it also put a lot of viewers off. I have zero problem with it being included and think it is in principle a great thing, but ultimately they were about as subtle as a brick with it and it felt like you were being clubbed over the head with exaggerated inclusivity.

However, still looking forward to seeing the final and I will post back here when I do. :)

PS: Please put your review in spoiler tags for at least a few days, people! :p

Soldato
Was a decent ending to finish it all up, did wonder when they'd throw another mind orgy in there and saved it right to the end. Was nice seeing the behind the scenes stuff in the credits showing how popular the show sempt to be.

Back
Top Bottom