Server Essentials 2016 Folder Redirection & One Drive

Soldato
Hi

I've currently got my entire network using folder redirection on to my Essentials server running on my NAS. I've also got the MS home use programme which gives me and the family 1TB of OneDrive storage. Is it possible to configure Group Policy to allow for both a redirect and allow OneDrive to sync the one folders in to OneDrive? It errors out with 0x101 compatibility issue and the only resources I've found indicated removing the folder redirection rather than make them work together.

Soldato
Onedrive can only sync to the local disk c:\users\name\onedrive - name

it should not have anything to do with redirected folders....unless that's what you want to do? Bad idea, MS will never support network folders with onedrive. It's been asked countless times, and the engineers always say no

there maybe some kind of workaround using various mklink or subst commands, but my advice is to forget about it

either use cloud storage, or use redirected network shares. Have a look at layer2 cloud connector though, it may offer what you need as a background service.

Associate
Have a look at i am cloud cloud drive mapper, seen it in use, and trying to get the powers that be to go for it, would save us masses of storage, only issue is if the internet connection (telegraph fibre over a car park) fails, then we would be well and truly stuck!

Soldato
Have a look at i am cloud cloud drive mapper, seen it in use, and trying to get the powers that be to go for it, would save us masses of storage, only issue is if the internet connection (telegraph fibre over a car park) fails, then we would be well and truly stuck!

or the onedrive mapper script from microsoft (it's free)

Back
Top Bottom