service menu for the sony nwz-a81x and 82x series

Soldato
take a look:

make sure the player is on the home screen. slide the hold button up and hold the option button. press the following in this order:

up, up, down, down, right, left, up, down, up, down, right, play/pause.

the unit will then shut off. slide the hold switch off and it will boot up in to the service menu. you can play around with some options in here, including the seperation setting for clear stereo and controllable eq points for the DAC (1x for bass, 1x for treble). now before anybody goes changing anything, can somebody please tell me with the bass setting is on an original unit? hehe. i changed mine without noting the original settings first and i want to do some comparison tests.
ps if you run the sound tests, dont play the high frequency ones with earphones in.

and remember the usual disclaimer stuff - you break it not my fault:p

Last edited:
Associate
Ok done it with this method

1. Turn Power On.
2. Hold "Back" until the home menu appears.
3. Set "Hold" on
4. While holding down the "Option" button, press Up-Right-Down-Left-Up-Play-Up-Left-Down-Right-Up-Play
5. Set "Hold" off

But cant see any bass settings

All i have is power, audio, video, other, shutdown, exit test,

In the audio menu i have output, sn, f1, f2, seplr, seprl, maxout,

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
nice one! thats a shame though. the bass and treble settings are under the 'DAC' option on mine. so there is quite a difference between the units then, we all believed the 80x and 81x series were identical other the the drag and drag ability of the 81x's. thats interesting.

Back
Top Bottom