SETI@home News Vol. 104

Soldato
He's cute.....cough, in a man'ish sort of way :D

Now with a crevice attachment and set on blow that would be perfect for that hard to reach place - inbetween the gpu's :p

Soldato
No its a mutant pygmy henry!! I do like the case but they should have had 2 intake fans from the power supply compartment.
I remember well Mr Halz calling it criminal to have them under the desk so i took em out, Marine surely there's a way you can have the side on and mess with fan control and stuff that setup will have a lot less in the way of life expectancy with no clothes on!:D

Soldato
I strip mine out every month for a dusting session and have been known to re-seat cpu heatsinks every 6 or so months.
Along with regular defrags and registry clean ups and disabling any unwanted processes running in the background.
All my pc's get rebooted once a week, dont know about the pc's but I feel better for it :D

Edit: Thank god I can finally be rid of the Joe Pesci avatar, needed a change :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Am i the only one that thinks Loudbob is concpicuous by his abscense, i have the distinct feeling he's working on "project xxx", and is just going to casually drop it in a conversation that he has tri 480 all up running and crunching away :D

Soldato
He was on here briefly a few hours ago, maybe he was at work and just having a quick peep.

I reckon he's another frustrated 480 owner, probably Meridian is in the same boat.

I bet their outputs will sky rocket soon enough :)

Soldato
Meridian seems to be having some success at least i hope it works out for him. have managed to let go of the 480 bug will just bide my time till the compatable apps come out. Looking on the seti forums there are more people getting them going....ooooo wu's under 2 mins....doh...will just have to wait :)

Soldato
Meridian seems to be having some success at least i hope it works out for him. have managed to let go of the 480 bug will just bide my time till the compatable apps come out. Looking on the seti forums there are more people getting them going....ooooo wu's under 2 mins....doh...will just have to wait :)

I think they might be waiting to teach us all a lesson on how to really do it and give us all a damn good spanking on RAC if you ask me :(

For now though we can massage each others ego's on how good we are :D

Soldato
I hope it does work like that, from what i know of you you'll rise to it and i know i will.
"curiosity killed the cat....satisfaction brought it back"

I thought, when I restarted crunching for seti, I would just take it easy - you know 2 pc's at the most, one gpu in each.

What the hell happened there then, I have even stumped so low as to evaluate the possibility of selling my own internal organs to finance just one more gpu :(

SETI is my Crack, I need it bad :o

Soldato
What is this sleep you are on about :D

I don't know where my MX3 is so hunting for it :p

Edit: All done had to settle for Artic Silver 5 :( but runs about 2 degrees cooler at the moment so was sort of worth it :p

Now wheres my pillow my eyes feel like falling out of my head :D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
I would but with Toxic and Marine there is no chance of that - they made me post all night, sick of it I am :p

:eek::eek: The nerve....kept us up all night just because you couldnt stand your joe pesci picture more like :)

Do you guys ever sleep? :p

PS - Lots of naughty hotlinking going on in this thread. Slapped wrists all around. :p

Plenty of time to sleep when your dead, i'm not being sarcastic but what actually is a hotlink is it linking to a competitor...not guilty your honour ;):)

What is this sleep you are on about :D

I don't know where my MX3 is so hunting for it :p

Edit: All done had to settle for Artic Silver 5 :( but runs about 2 degrees cooler at the moment so was sort of worth it :p

Back
Top Bottom