SETI@home News Vol. 105

Associate
I need to change the powersupply and would like to throw a 480 or the like in there, given that the 480 exhausts quite a bit of heat into the case from the underside of the gpu it looks dangerously close to the powersupply for my liking.

coming from 1 itx case, a shuttle, and 3 m-atx cases, all with at least one graphics card in, thats plenty of cooling space already! but then again, my i7 is at about 92 degrees C, so maybe you might not want to listen to me :)

Soldato
coming from 1 itx case, a shuttle, and 3 m-atx cases, all with at least one graphics card in, thats plenty of cooling space already! but then again, my i7 is at about 92 degrees C, so maybe you might not want to listen to me :)

Thanks for that Grimgoth will leave it in it's present case and just replace psu and try to tidy up cables. That second case with the mobo anyones welcome to it. :)

Soldato
Got myself in a pickle with rescheduler on w7 i options screen i can point to the main path ok but cannot remember where to point for data path, i have show all files option enabled but cannot find it via browsing, any ideas would be much h'appreciated :)

Soldato
Evening Edge, yeah i tried that i remember you told me to type it in before but i cannot remember what you said...long day....probably not as long as yours though :)

Tell me about it Toxic, but you have had a few of them lately, but at least Im getting somewhere now..
Its all for the good of the teams RAC :p

My rescheduler has C:\ProgramData\BOINC\ in the bottom field..

Soldato
One machine done 1 more to go here still on target for midnight :)
Did you get it working after a lot of too and fro then, last but not least is it only force vhar to cpu that has to be ticked or both on settings screen?
Apart from that i'm allmost done ....hoooorahhhh!

Soldato
I'm soo close to breaking the 10k RAC barrier I can taste it :D

very very impressive - well done sah

Saw this on the Fud this morning, Im going to spend the day on the bay waiting for Toxic to sell his new 470's and go for these monsters :p

Bring meat and forks for everyone
As you
probably already know, Nvidia’s Fermi is one hot chip and this makes dual-GPU designs pretty difficult if not even impossible, especially if you intend to push these babies at full speed. Galaxy, however, seems to have felt adventurous enough and showed off a dual-GPU GTX 470 card at Computex.

We're not sure what to make of it. The card features two GF100 GPUs on a single PCB and it features two 8-pin PCIe power connectors and three dual-link DVI outs. It's clearly a prototype, but the company obviously wasn’t shy of showing it off.

Best case scenario - we’d say that the GPUs are modestly downclocked and/or crippled versions of the real deal. On the other hand, Galaxy has had enough time to practice their dual-GPU designs as of late, so we'll wait and see. Unfortunately, given the fact that Nvidia advises users to use Nvidia certified cases when using two Fermi based cards, it’s not hard to be skeptical.

Worst case scenario? Well, you could turn your rig into a makeshift, passive fireplace.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/19036/1/

edit

:eek::eek: My god Grimgoth, just seen your daily update 101,147.6!!!!

Starts furiously sweeping cell and going through packing list :p

Last edited:
Associate
edit

What what where? oh!
Have to admit that two of my rigs are still having trouble getting work- stuck downloading, no wu :(
But, top 15 now :)
Sorry edgedemon, you got between 5 or 9 days left, depending on which sites you believe; more than enough time to get a couple more cards :p

edit: I think you better watch your behind more too, loudbob's about a month behind me

Soldato
What what where? oh!
Have to admit that two of my rigs are still having trouble getting work- stuck downloading, no wu :(
Sorry edgedemon, you got between 5 or 9 days left, depending on which sites you believe; more than enough time to get a couple more cards :p

edit: I think you better watch your behind more too, loudbob's about a month behind me

Well done on the top 15...
Ive noticed loudbob as well, but not a lot I can do about it...
You will need to increase your estimate by a few days as my first fermi card went on line today, should give me about 14000ppd if it crunches 24/7.
Its not much, but its the best I can do for now..

I'll be back :p

Soldato
very very impressive - well done sah

Saw this on the Fud this morning, Im going to spend the day on the bay waiting for Toxic to sell his new 470's and go for these monsters :p

Bring meat and forks for everyone

Worst case scenario? Well, you could turn your rig into a makeshift, passive fireplace.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/19036/1/

edit

Oh wowee i can just imagine the heat...still the ppd would make it worthwhile,
how you getting on with the 470 Edge?

What what where? oh!

Well done indeed Grimgoth thats staggering, must admit with all the messing about i am doing 100,000 in a day is a target for me too....down to one rig at mo that isn't playing ball but hey give it time. :)

and ill be making the top 100 in about a month ! yeepee

im quite happy plugging along with my single gtx260 & quad athlon....

:D You keep plugging away lad, look forward to seeing you crash into the top 100 well done sah :D

Associate
hmm, is anyone else having troubles downloading? tis strange that I have been allocated the work, but can't seem to get a connection to actually download them!

Back
Top Bottom