SETI@home News Vol. 107 (03/06 - 10/06, 2010)

Soldato
Mr Halz sah, has project Nasa arrived safe and sound? ;)

smileydevilt.png

Indeed, the Eagle has landed

Man of Honour
Well I left Boinc running but paused processing, so it should still keep trying to send the hundreds of work units :) And may even download some so I'll keep an eye on it. But folding while I wait.

Man of Honour
How about Collatz..................???

Sorry, it just doesn't interest me, in fact of all the "serious" projects it seems to be the biggest waste of CPU/GPU cycle out there :)

I quote:

The 3n+1 conjecture is an example of pure mathematics. It has no known application. There may well be an application out there waiting to be discovered but that is not the reason mathematicians pursue such problems. In the words of one Researcher:

Some very interesting and useful mathematics can often be invented (or is it discovered?) while working on 'useless' problems. Of course, that's not the motivation for those who dedicate years of their lives to proving such conjectures, as I have. We know that we are looking directly at faces of the mind of God that man has never seen before, and that's enough to justify our lives, and hopefully to keep us away from the bottle for a while...
Who said 'useless'?

I'd rather loop 3DMark :p

Or Cosmology@Home

No GPU at all at Cosmology from what I can see. :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom