SETI@home News Vol. 116 (19/09/2010)

Associate
Funny you mention that - I was just about to post an explanation for the lack of news from me during the last three weeks :p

I think given the monumental task it would be trying to do it from the SAH site, you can very easily be forgiven!

BTW - I think I may owe you a small, ever so gentle PARP.........:D

Soldato
OP
BTW - I think I may owe you a small, ever so gentle PARP.........:D

Oh.

Actually, I've temporarily stopped crunching (on all projects, not just SETI) so I won't be offering any resistance for the time being. Not that any resistance wouldn't have been futile... my fleet of one rig (er, not really a fleet that, is it?) would have been shot out of the water in no time at all by your veritable Armada, so stomp away good sir. I shall consider it a privilege to feel your size 11s trampling me into the dirt whilst I watch a saltire-shaped streak race past me :p

Last edited:
Associate
Oh.

Actually, I've temporarily stopped crunching (on all projects, not just SETI) so I won't be offering any resistance for the time being. Not that any resistance wouldn't have been futile... my fleet of one rig (er, not really a fleet that, is it?) would have been shot out of the water in no time at all by your veritable Armada, so stomp away good sir. I shall consider it a privilege to feel your size 11s trampling me into the dirt whilst I watch a saltire-shaped streak race past me :p

tsk tsk; I may live up here, but as all the locals keep on reminding me, I am absolutely English - and always will be!!!!!!

'tis just the one rig coming by, albeit with a split personality due to me recovering some trashed tasks from a backup! The other two machines that are apparently mine (and they are), stopped crunching back in May; each has a single task that nobody else has yet completed - so I can't delete them!!!:rolleyes:

Associate
enough is enough!

cpartcert1php.png

;)

Soldato
Ugh wish BOINC would stop using my CPU getting on my **** now :mad: just won't stop even checked my prefs on Seti and it says not to use it stupid thing :(

I'm bored and cold :D

Edit: Woo sorted suspended em, got an astropulse to do too first one ever :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I can only use my GPU and do astropulse as my CPU cannot work under full load it will fall over after a few mins after the temp skyrocket so I'm good got a few hundred tasks will keep me ticking over nice to hear some fans I have missed it in my few weeks break :D

Soldato
Jeff Cobb
Posted 12 Oct 2010 2:37:25 UTC
I apologize for the low limits for this run. We really wanted to get through the run without mork locking up. This, plus we did not start coming off the 90Mbps max until today. There was apparently quite a backlog of demand. In addition, we are still tuning the scheduler on bane.

We will get good compression with the boinc DB reorg tomorrow and I plan to bring the project up with the high limits the next run.

Associate
We all have been affected by Borkley and the downtime I think lol, my rigs doing nothing again just can't be bothered to try and keep it stable :(

Yeah the downtime was a problem but SETI's loss is Foldings gain :p I just couldn't see the rigs sat doing nothing ;)

Sorry to hear about the rig. Is it stable enough to just feed the GPU's ?? After some fiddling i'v got my rig set up to not get any cpu tasks for SETI just GPU and MW or Orbit on CPU.

Soldato
Well shortly after that message I posted my rig froze so yeah its stable :D :(

I can do GPU work but it brings my rig to a halt can't even browse with it so just turned it off wasn't like that when it was all nice and overclocked :p

As for folding it has changed so much I can't work out how to get it to work just constant errors so gave up on that too :(

Man of Honour
Marine, we have almost identical kit under the hood. I have the older X58-UD3R/i7-920/GTX470/HX650 :eek: :p

Main diff is mines under water and we have different cases. What memory do you have? I'm using Crucial 1600

Back
Top Bottom