SETI@home News Vol. 98

Soldato
Good to see your build coming along halz...i messed up and installed a bios update....couldnt stop it once i clicked ok as it might have messed mobo up completely and yup guess what...i lost the overclock profile. On a slightly better note got my 2 gpu'
s one was d.o.a and the other tested fine....sellers been ok about it and will refund.
Going to wait till i get another to install both together....on the hunt again :)

Soldato
Good to see your build coming along halz...i messed up and installed a bios update....couldnt stop it once i clicked ok as it might have messed mobo up completely and yup guess what...i lost the overclock profile. On a slightly better note got my 2 gpu'
s one was d.o.a and the other tested fine....sellers been ok about it and will refund.
Going to wait till i get another to install both together....on the hunt again :)

Hopefully, if you contact OcUK via email and explain your predicament, they would send the profile to you - just insert the words 'before I purchase my second system from you'

I think you will get a reply :D

Sorry to hear about your borked card.

Ps. Still not forgiven you for stomping me - swine :p

Soldato
Thanks for that will give it a try - on the stomp side its hardly a huge leap 1 position and with your system coming online i expect a swift reply :D

And therein lies the problem, first, my 2nd 9800GX2 is still at OcUK awaiting dispatch (according to my account) - ordered 8 days ago :confused:

Secondly, I have to swap 2 motherboards around into different cases so some downtime is unavoidable :(

New(ish) mobo is a beauty though :)

389_header.jpg

389_banner.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got a email back from OcUK regarding order for B-grade 9800GX2 -

Thank you for your web note. From looking at the order we no longer have this product available, sorry for any
inconvenience caused

Regards,

Steven

And nobody was aware my order had just sat there for 8 days

Anyway, ordered G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit and the Corsair H50-1 cooler instead for my new mobo.

Choose the ram because it was cheap but mainly because SPD programmed at 7-7-7-24 at 1600MHz so hopefully it will work straight out of the box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom