Setup for pc & ps4 slim

ani

ani

Associate
Hello everyone! :)

I want to buy new speakers that I could connect to both pc and ps4 slim and I can't seem to make up my mind about the setup. I was thinking of buying Sound BlasterX G6, so I could connect speakers and my headphones Sennheiser HD 58X (I don't like plugging them into the controller). I know I'd probably need hdmi extractor, so I could use dolby feature.

As for speakers, I would be using them for music, movies and games, so I was looking into Edifier S350DB which has some great reviews. Do you guys know whether I should invest into a sound card or the on board analog connection is good enough? I have Asus Prime b350-Plus mobo with realtek ALC887 audio. I'm currently using on board with HD 58X for listening to flac and mp3 and I don't know, sound is good, clean and they get loud enough, I keep the volume around 25% or less.

Also, is S350DB good all-round choice or should I rather go with 2.0 setup like maybe Edifier R2000DB and similar active speakers?
I like full, rich sound, I don't really know how to explain it, I'm not into all of that audiophile stuff, but I can appreciate a good sound.
The budget for speakers is around 250 eur (220 gbp). The S350DB cost 26 gbp more, but I don't mind.

I also don't have a chance to test the speakers, I use YouTube videos for that and once I buy them I'll keep them for years.

Last edited:

ani

ani

Associate
OP
So it turns out that S350DB is really hard to get in my country and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get them from Germany. Could you recommend me some other speakers that would be good for movies, music and games?

Soldato
If you're in another country, then I imagine some of the usual recommendations won't be available. Without knowing what is and what isn't available where you are, it's going to somewhat more difficult to give a range of recommendations.

Stereo speakers such as Edifier R2000DB are good speakers, but as they are stereo speakers and not 2.1, it depends whether you'd be looking for that extra bass when gaming and watching movies. Edifier's better 2.1 speakers aside, there isn't much choice of good 2.1 speakers.

I think the onboard audio will be fine for speaker use, but for headphone use, you will really get benefit from something like a Creative G6 when gaming and especially on a PS4.

ani

ani

Associate
OP
Thank you for the reply! :)
Well S350DB isn't available, but other Edifier's speakers are, and other brands like Audioengine (too expensive), Klipsch, Monitor Audio, Jamo, etc, but I think they are passive ones. Also there are Logitech and Microlab, but they don't seem trustworthy based on some reviews, so I don't feel like splurging money on them.

I couldn't connect ps4 to my Altec lansing 5100, so that's why I'm looking to buy new ones... But maybe I should just keep altec, buy G6 for ps4 and wait till I can get S350DB.

Back
Top Bottom