SFF Gaming rig... AIO/Watercooling required?

Associate
It does tempt me to build a mini itx build and a nice small case but I really don't want nor like water and electrics and have very bad luck haha!

I could buy the best of the beat aio or whatever and mine would leak and someone with the crappest Chinese Ali express one wouldn't!

Could I get away with just getting an amazing similarly priced hsf setup instead?

Or am I doomed to throttling cpus and gpus and mad amounts of heat?

If so I'll just forget it and stick to a mid size tower under the desk I guess.

Soldato
Water cooling just allows for the same amount of cooling potential in a smaller package. You can go SFF and use air. But you either need a larger case, or a weaker CPU (and/or you need to underclock/undervolt to reduce thermal load).

The smallest case with worthwhile air cooling is the Ncase M1, using the Noctua D12L or C14S (or the upcoming Dancase C4-SFX, which is smaller) or for something cheaper, the Cooler Master NR200. Smaller than those, you're looking at relatively weak CPU coolers, e.g. the Noctua L9i.

Associate
OP
was going to get an nr200p with a sycthe mugen 5 rev.b but I think I'm just going to stick with a smaller tower now tbh and run fans a bit less. it's under the desk anyway so doesn't matter too much. I just like the sff look haha.

Back
Top Bottom