SH3 & Netgear nighthawk D7000

Soldato
Hey chaps,

Bought a netgear nighthawk D7000 with the intention of relieving my superhub 3 of its WiFi duties.
Now I've changed my superhub into modem mode, plugged my main connection from ethernet port 1 on the superhub to the nighthawk however its not detecting a connection?
I know the ethernet port 1 on my superhub is giving out a connection because I tested it but the nighthawk is saying otherwise lol.
Any help appreciated :)

Soldato
Swapped the patch lead? Ensured it's fully clicked in? Router set to DHCP on WAN? Can you connect to the UI on the Nighthawk and if so what do the logs say? As i'm asking questions, if you wanted to improve wifi, would a an AP installed centrally not have made mores sense?

Soldato
I’ve not used the home Virgin router but from memory on the business router a specific port has to be used when in modem mode. It’s either port 1 or port 4. I know you say you’ve tested it, but it would be easy to try port 4 as well.

And if you are plugged into the WAN port on the Netgear then that should just work.

Soldato
OP
Success! lol

Was driving me insane to why it wasn't working when i knew it should be,I done it all again reset everything to factory settings,Then booted up SH in Modem mode,And while that was booting up switched on the Netgear so that also boots up,Now all working flawless.

As for modem mode disabling all the ports but one,Yeah it only leaves port 1 working. :)

Back
Top Bottom