Shane Warne Dead

Don
Damn that's awful :(

I've always had a passing interest in cricket but the only time I became genuinely interested was the 2005 Ashes and not because we finally won but because of Warne. It was clear England were the better side but Warne single-handedly kept Australia in the series and not just with the ball but the bat as well. He wasn't just one of the greatest cricketers ever but a great competitor.

Soldato
Genuinely gutted. I grew up bowling leg spin to a pretty high level, all inspired by Warne (and to a lesser extent Anil Kumble). Some of the best times of my life resulted from playing cricket, and it wouldn't have happened without Warne. The man was a genius, an inspiration, and gave so much to the sport.

Soldato
52 is no age at all to go, I'm only 41 and it makes you think of your own mortality.

He was easily the best leg spinner i've ever seen, when i see him I think about that famous delivery he bowled to Mike Gatting.

Soldato
Was he vaccinated? Seems to be a thing recently all these heart issues with sports people.. RIP

Seriously? That nonsense has been debunked how many times yet fools still get sucked in :rolleyes:

52 is no age, as someone who is 52 this year that is sobering. Guy was a legend on and off the field. Showed the world what leg spin could do and was unplayable on his day. Wasn't too bad with the willow either. RIP legend.

Associate
RIP. A magician with the ball and true legend of the game, and that's before you consider that he banged Liz Hurley. I remember watching the ball to Gatting. I didn't know who he was when he stepped up to bowl, and then he delivered that absolute ripsnorter :D The first of many unplayable deliveries I watched him bowl, and of course being an England fan I was torn between enjoying his bowling and lamenting the destruction he unleashed regularly on our lineup. Fun times.

Soldato
Damn - 52! That's no age at all....

7 years older than me...Not the biggest cricket fan but he was a great of the sport for sure.....

Associate
OP
Changed cricket single hand-idly and not many claimed to have done that about any sport, greatest player in my lifetime.

Strange way to go with a heart attack at that age when he's in the shape of his life, bet there's more to come about the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom