Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Soldato
Well I can hope it's not but when they start doing wires and/or cgi for Kung Fu it gets ruined. :p

I don't know this Marvel character/franchise so I'm not hyped at all but I do like a great martial arts film so I'll wait and see how they do this but I'm not that excited from this CGI laden trailer. For me actual martial arts beats the more visually stunning, but ultimately more boring, wire-work and CGI of so many modern films every time for me, so while I love the visual spectacle aspect of things like Crouching Dragon, I'd generally prefer to watch something with early Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen or Tony Jaa if I wanted to watch an actually entertaining fight scene.

Permabanned
I don't know this Marvel character/franchise so I'm not hyped at all but I do like a great martial arts film so I'll wait and see how they do this but I'm not that excited from this CGI laden trailer. For me actual martial arts beats the more visually stunning, but ultimately more boring, wire-work and CGI of so many modern films every time for me, so while I love the visual spectacle aspect of things like Crouching Dragon, I'd generally prefer to watch something with early Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen or Tony Jaa if I wanted to watch an actually entertaining fight scene.

Yup, guess they are kind of limited with making these things teen friendly..............also super heroey.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Yup, guess they are kind of limited with making these things teen friendly..............also super heroey.

That's my concern too. Martial arts without physical confrontation or violence isn't good, also Shang chi doesn't fit well in the superhero genre. If they got Donnie Yen would have more confidence. Remains to be seen. Talking about a good Kung Fu flick. :)

Caporegime
Yeah this snippet seems to have got fans up in a frenzy as to what it could mean for Phase 4 and the new as yet unknown movies.

For me if this leads to a Secret Wars/Secret Wars 2 movie arc I will wet me kegs.
Some are making the connection to the Thunderbolts with all the villains from the last few movies, AMatW with the phasing woman, Abomination, Zemo and some others I forget.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Watched this today and only 8 folk in the cinema, early showing. For all those that was worried about the fight choreography don't worry. Its awesome, possibly some of the best action sequence scenes from any origin movie. They did it again surprisingly. Much better than BW which isnt hard. DC movies still got a long way to go to perfect their craft. Solid 8 /10 from me. Go and watch it folks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom