Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
You mean the ridiculous creatures based on actual Chinese mythological creatures? In a movie which is filled with references to Chinese culture? Set in a universe where people conjure up transportation portals out of thin air and there's talking racoons and talking trees?

It's quite funny I was reading another US forum and quite a common question was why did they copy and use so many
Pokémon creatures

In the movie..Arent they going to get sued. :D

Caporegime
Loved it. Always enjoyed wuxia films and this felt like a great homage. The choreography was excellent throughout and unlike with Black Widow the CGI scenes really fit the tone of the film. Was great to have Ben Kingsley back too, almost every line he had was funny.

Associate
Went with the GF and we both loved it.
very much a marvel movie. very easy to watch. but surprisingly good choreography and score which i was not expecting at all.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I thought it was fantastic. For me his sister actually stole the show, she was great. Surprisingly for Marvel some parts of the CGI were a bit ropey (minor details rather than the big stuff). Would be happy to see a sequel.
What, the sister that did nothing? :D

I enjoyed it, but the end fight was woefully short for such an “OMG don’t let it out” build up.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Great Marvel movie.

Them ten rings are some powerfull **** :)

Wong is the new hero of Marvell, he steals every Scene it's just brilliant.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thought it was decent. 7/10 for me.

Shame it had the current trope of #girlboss at the end taking over her dads evil empire and "modernising" it with the graffiti and crap on the walls of the compound. There wasn't really anything about her to suggest she was a nasty piece or work that would do this... until she did it. Very odd.

Associate
The fighting choreography was by Bradley James Allan who was part of Jackie Chan stunt team, so the fight choreography would be top notch.
I enjoyed the film, the only thing I didn't really like was making Shang looking bit weak overall.
Great they paid respect to Bradley James Allan though in the credits as it was his last film he worked on before he passed away.

fez

fez

Caporegime
She built and ran an underground illegal fight club...

Thats not exactly evil empire stuff is it. Thats like running illegal street races or an illegal gambling ring. There are legal and legitimate versions of all these things, the illegal ones are just easier to run and you pay a lower tax rate and can bend the rules. She was running an underground fight club for mutants basically. There is a reason thats got to be illegal.

Just didn't have any other impression that she was nasty or evil at all. There was no point in the film that lead to the reveal at the end.

Who knows, maybe the 10 rings will now be a peaceful evil empire eh.

Soldato
I got the impression she was on the cusp - with enough dead mum, daddy issues and sibling rivalry to go either way. She'll be one of those conflicted bad guys if it comes to it. The ones that come good in the end. Or maybe yoyo in and out of being good and bad so you never know what you're gonna get.

Caporegime
Thats not exactly evil empire stuff is it. Thats like running illegal street races or an illegal gambling ring. There are legal and legitimate versions of all these things, the illegal ones are just easier to run and you pay a lower tax rate and can bend the rules. She was running an underground fight club for mutants basically. There is a reason thats got to be illegal.

Just didn't have any other impression that she was nasty or evil at all. There was no point in the film that lead to the reveal at the end.

Who knows, maybe the 10 rings will now be a peaceful evil empire eh.

There was no saying what she was going to do with the resources. I doubt she'd run it the same way her father did. Maybe terrorism becomes private security/weapons trading etc. I thought her taking over the organisation was perfectly in line with what we saw from her.

Soldato
I’m halfway through and on the internet. Says it all. It’s a funny thing to say about a Marvel movie but it feels like a CGI fest. I don’t mind a bit of Kung fun action but the first half seems to have been all fights. I’m just not getting any feeling from it, it’s super bland by numbers stuff so far. Let’s hope the second half is better.

Man of Honour
It was a fun watch but absolutely stupid in the sense that the first half of the film made very little sense after the second half.

So who sent him the letter? Presumably the dad, but why did the dad send a squad to get the necklace in San Francisco AND send the letter?!

Soldato
It was ok. It didn’t bring anything fresh. But it was well enough made and I didn’t regret the time but glad I didn’t make a trip to the cinema. Not the top half of MCU films.

Worst thing about the film was it implies Captain Marvel is coming back. I can hardly wait….

Back
Top Bottom