Shatner to boldly go where no 90 year old has gone before

Soldato
BBC News - Captain Kirk: Bezos' Blue Origin to send William Shatner into space
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58792761

I've actually got a bad feeling about this, it just makes my Spidey Sense tingle - I hope it goes well.

It's like if you invented a time machine and took Michael J Fox back to 1955. Or, if Google finally perfected the self driving car and invited The Hoff to accompany it for a spin.

Any more examples? (Yes, it's a slow night at work)

Soldato
@Dirk Diggler

I agree, rocket launches including little baby suborbitals like the new shepherd are tremendously violent no matter how much tech we can currently put into them. How long can a 90 year old sustain 6g those are brittle bones and organs about to be squished within an inch of their life.

I think this is an incredibly foolish launch and everyone at blue origin should be saying something to stop this publicity stunt. If he dies bezoz will become even more hated and he is already disliked on mass for his childish behavior especially by fans of space due to him constantly suing anyone he can in the industry because he feels hard done by because his rocket didn't get chosen to go to the moon.... his rocket that hasn't flown once VS a rocket that has been demonstrated to work in atmoshpere and land on land and by a company who now have extensive orbital launches and experience something which blue origin has absolutely none of. Because of this he has completely delayed and will continue to delay humans going back to the moon because the rocket won't have a god damned amazon logo on the side of it.

Sorry

Rant over

Good luck Shatner hope you don't die, rather see you not fly. am poet.

Caporegime
you'd think he would hold out for spacex instead seems way better an experience and musk probably would do it to get one up on bezos

Soldato
He's 90, his life is pretty much over anyway so he may as well do things like this while he is still able to and if he dies then so be it...
they will probably jettison his body in an elastic resize if the ship to reduce re-entry costs.

Soldato
He's 90, his life is pretty much over anyway so he may as well do things like this while he is still able to and if he dies then so be it...

He could live another 20 years considering he's in good shape, I don't think people who are 90 are suicidal because they're old

Back
Top Bottom