Shay Given signs new deal!!!

Soldato
OP
his testimonial will be as good as shearers i hope.

think he will be with us for 13years when this new contract expires.. provided he is still here... which he will be.

excellent servent to the club already and will be a even bigger legend in 5years.

Soldato
OP
he is like the god of all gods of goalkeepers.

id quite happy argue that he is the best in the world of goalkeepers. ill throw the old chestnut in...

he hasnt had the best of defences in front of him and he has given us points so many times.

he hasnt saved us from losing.. he has been the one to keep us winning through some games.

he has been a big reason for our strong finish this year

Soldato
OP
personally for the team last night... that must have been a great incentive to stay with us...

like for emre.. luque... them players. i sure last night had a huge impact on them and the whole team.

even boumsong has come out stating he wants to stay with us.. even though id rather not see him stay :p

but id like to see emre and luque staying, i think a bit more trust in luque and he can come up trumps.

but i think mainly for nzogbia.... i hope it pushes him to sign and stay with us, his movement last night was great... passing wasnt all great.. but he has huge confidence now and it gives defences something to do when he has the ball.

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
he is like the god of all gods of goalkeepers.

id quite happy argue that he is the best in the world of goalkeepers. ill throw the old chestnut in...

he hasnt had the best of defences in front of him and he has given us points so many times.

he hasnt saved us from losing.. he has been the one to keep us winning through some games.

he has been a big reason for our strong finish this year

He doesnt command his box enough.
He doesnt take attackers out Lehman like to get to the ball.
He doesnt catch enough crosses.
He doesnt put bark enough orders at the fools in our back four.
He hasnt had offers from the bigger teams.

I think hes superb but still a way off being the best in the world.

Soldato
Vandle said:

Yeah but Lehaman some times takes himself out with his little runs. I am an arsenal supporter and was rather hoping Given would have come to us in summer. Prefer him to Lehman. Although Lehman has had a great season but long run i would prefer Given.

Soldato
Vandle said:

All valid points. He is in my opinion the best shot stopper in the world though and the calibre with which he keeps goal reflects a much higher standard of play than the rest of the team.

He's our most valuable player if you ask me, and by some margin.

Soldato
Good news!! Given has helped us out of many a sticky situation.

O/T Was surprised that Harper has been with the club for thirteen years.
I didn't realise it'd been so long - the money must be good if he's happy to be 2nd choice over that length of time.
Hasn't he only played sixty-odd games?

Soldato
bloodline76 said:
Yeah but Lehaman some times takes himself out with his little runs. I am an arsenal supporter and was rather hoping Given would have come to us in summer. Prefer him to Lehman. Although Lehman has had a great season but long run i would prefer Given.
I agree , I dont really rate Lehman and I hate it when I see him take out other players.
I think Given could me more aggresive , shot stopping and reaction wise there is none better.

Soldato
Murf said:
All valid points. He is in my opinion the best shot stopper in the world though and the calibre with which he keeps goal reflects a much higher standard of play than the rest of the team.

He's our most valuable player if you ask me, and by some margin.
I agree.
Worth more points to us this season than either Shearer or Owen.

Associate
when u say lehman takes out attackers do you mean attack them in some crazy brotwurst eating german style where he shoves them over and claims he never touched em?

:D

Associate
fozzybear said:
Good news for Newcastle, bad news for Given.

How is it bad news for Given? I think the reason he has signed pn is because he wants to stay. :confused: Regardless of the reason.

I'd have to agree with lemonkettaz players like Luque, Emre etc. must be desperate to please the fans now after they've seen the reception you can get.

Back
Top Bottom