Shenmue 1 & 2 HD and Shenmue 3!

Associate
I bet that got your heart racing!

Sorry. :o

Do you think there is a liklihood we will see the Shenmue saga on the latest consoles, particularly the PS4? I know Sony's Mark Cerny and Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki were discussing the series back in 2013, but we've not heard anything since.

Associate
OP
306 post he wont be missed, get rid of him.

Lurkers have feelings too!

On a more serious note, I'm pleased that people are still very much passionate about the series. I hope that the conclusion will see the light of day. I'd happily pay full price for HD releases of the original games, either way.

Man of Honour
Shenmue...man! GOAT game imo, just amazing. But I wouldn't want to play it again as it would ruin it. Same for a third, would have to be a totally different game to stand up today

Soldato
Slightly OT, but referenced above....

Played FFVII on the ps when it was new. I've played it emulated, I've bought the Steam version and I'd STILL pay good money for a proper HD remake.

If they're not doing FFVII, they're certainly not going to do Shenmue. Just not popular enough.

Man of Honour
Have those games actually aged well? They were pretty revolutionary but they are absolutely wafer thin in terms of depth, exploration and gameplay compared to many modern rivals.

Soldato
That got me excited, thanks :D

Has anyone ever started a petition with any success to get a game remade?

I think one did but it's always down to one thing.........MONEY.

Sega knows people want more Shenmue but they don't have the money or the staff. If they did then they still be in the console hardware industry.

Back
Top Bottom