Ships under attack in the middle east

Man of Honour
This seems a good way to start a war.

I can't see how this ends any way but confrontationally unless Iran backs down - we'd already said (atleast "on paper") the Iranian tanker would be returned with the right assurances so a negotiated swap now makes the UK look like a push over.

Soldato
I can't see how this ends any way but confrontationally unless Iran backs down - we'd already said (atleast "on paper") the Iranian tanker would be returned with the right assurances so a negotiated swap now makes the UK look like a push over.
The UK is a push over... We dont havent he men or money to go to war with Iran.

Man of Honour
The UK is a push over... We dont havent he men or money to go to war with Iran.

Not really... Just one Type 45 Destroyer could render a lot of Iran's air & sea military useless.

The problem is the political will to do something like this....

However, a ship rescue against Iran at this time would be very popular from the government and divert attention from domestic issues!

Soldato
I really don't want to see a war or even any sort of hostility, but I think Iran may have misinterpreted us as being a bit soft. I think with all the hits the UKs world standing has taken recently I wouldn't bet on there not being a bit of a backlash from us.

Soldato
We could possibly deny them any exports of oil at all until ships are released.

Might be what happens tbh. Iran needs to shift oil to Europe or they will go bankrupt, it's that simply really. They will have to fold eventually, but they will probably do something stupid first.

Back
Top Bottom