Shop bought pork pies - hot or cold?

Soldato
I like pies in general, and I especially like pork pies. On occasion, people sometimes give me PorkFarms type pork pies that can be eaten with additions (mustard, sauces etc) but my question is this. Would a cheap pork pie taste better if warmed through before eating?

Soldato
OP
Well with a PorkFarms cheapo - the result is......YES! So much better. It can be eaten without loads of sauces/mustard and actually tastes pretty nice. It almost turns into a gourmet sausage roll type thing, and let's face it, this type of """pork pie""" are crap anyways lel :) Pastry stays kinda crispy - gg!

Man of Honour
I've never even considered warming one up!?

I do miss living at home though, proper fresh Melton Mowbray pork pies just down the road. Nom nom nom.

Man of Honour
About a month ago my work colleagues dog died so to cheer her up I bought her a sausage roll all warmed up.
She looked at me and said "Sexy, I can't eat sausage rolls warmed up, they are disgusting".
What a weirdo.

Soldato
Quoting Mr Darwin

Darwin's Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection. More individuals are produced each generation that can survive. Phenotypic variation exists among individuals and the variation is heritable. Those individuals with heritable traits better suited to the environment will survive.

Back
Top Bottom