1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short term car insurance for 17 year old?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by salami1212, Feb 5, 2008.

1. salami1212

Mobster

Hi, Ive got my test tomorow! :O quite nervous but its alright. And basically, if I pass im gonna go buy my car, and need to be insured for a day on it or a month. What company will do this as most seem to be 21+
    Cheers

2. djbenjo

Mobster

Why not just find a good quote and keep the insurance? I personally don't know of any.

The usual alternative is to get any random policy and cancel within 14 days.

3. allllec

Mobster

Click the pepper might do what your asking?

4. djbenjo

Mobster

5. allllec

Mobster

Typical :p

6. Meatball

Soldato

I'm around your age (A bit older) with a provisional license and got a cheap quote with Quinn Direct. All I needed to do was add my dad as an additional driver and I got it down to 1k (Peugeot 206, 1.1, X-Plate, 5Dr).

7. Slackworth

Sgarrista

With regards to getting short term, I had 0% luck at 20, nevermind 17.

8. IcE-ColD

Gangster

It's not impossible my mate is 17 and he has been insured on his dads XC90 for a few weekends. I'm not quiet sure which company he was with but he got it done.

9. DanTheMan

Mobster

Are you buying private or from a dealer? I've just been in the same position as you and I was stuck for ideas as none of the day insure companies would touch me because I'm only 18. Luckily, the dealer I bought from was part of the 'Driveaway' scheme which basically means you can get 7 days free insurance no matter your age.

http://www.nmg-uk.com/NMG/Customer-Services/Driveaway-Insurance

10. Makhaira

Mobster

You're far more likely to get decent short term by getting one of your parents as the main driver and going on it on a per-week basis.