Shortage of PC goods, COVID & Brexit!

Associate
There is already supply problems with pc stuff. Try and get a printer? Out of stock everywhere, and when suppliers do get some, mainly HP, they quickly go! Now with a no-deal brexit things will get worse. This government are using the Navy to protect its waters. So what message does that say to Europe? So the French are threatening to blockade UK imports and exports as retaliation! I voted to remain, because all the experts were warning of the the problems. If OC and other PC suppliers can’t get the goods, they will struggle to survive. Prices will go up and the poor will suffer badly. What a mess, thanks to Boris. Is that what we need?

Soldato
It's already a mess, good luck trying to get a 3080 graphics card at the moment.

Although I've read that EU trade won't have much to do with most PC hardware as most of it doesn't come from the EU anyway.

I believe it's mainly very high demand Vs short supply, due to covid rather than any effect of brexit. Of course, brexit isn't going to help.

Associate
There is already supply problems with pc stuff. Try and get a printer? Out of stock everywhere, and when suppliers do get some, mainly HP, they quickly go! Now with a no-deal brexit things will get worse. This government are using the Navy to protect its waters. So what message does that say to Europe? So the French are threatening to blockade UK imports and exports as retaliation! I voted to remain, because all the experts were warning of the the problems. If OC and other PC suppliers can’t get the goods, they will struggle to survive. Prices will go up and the poor will suffer badly. What a mess, thanks to Boris. Is that what we need?
While all of that is true, computer parts are not exactly essentials.
I'd be far more worried about food and other essentials.

Although I've read that EU trade won't have much to do with most PC hardware as most of it doesn't come from the EU anyway.
However, how many companies have their distribution centres based near Rotterdam or other EU countries. No-deals would make much of what comes into the country a logistical nightmare. At least in the short-term even if the country of origin of the good is non-EU.
Plus, while the EU has trade deals with pretty much every country, the UK does not so even imports from China could become another logistical nightmare.

Soldato
There is already supply problems with pc stuff. Try and get a printer? Out of stock everywhere, and when suppliers do get some, mainly HP, they quickly go! Now with a no-deal brexit things will get worse.

Can you prove that assertion?

This government are using the Navy to protect its waters

Yes, that's what it's there for. For what else do you. Think we have a navy?

. So what message does that say to Europe?

Hopefully that Boris is serious.

Associate
It's already a mess, good luck trying to get a 3080 graphics card at the moment.

I believe it's mainly very high demand Vs short supply, due to covid rather than any effect of brexit. Of course, brexit isn't going to help.

It sounds more like while Brexit isn't directly responsible, the ports getting backed up with stockpiling before Brexit kicks in isn't going to help matters at all.

Back
Top Bottom