Should I ban fortnite in my household?

Soldato
LOL, that was real addiction.

Setting your alarm for 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am, 7am so you could keep getting up and killing a PH...

Oh boy. Fortunately nothing could ever, ever have such a deep hold on me as ~2001 EQ did. Ah, Velious.

My personal 'camp' records.

1)Ancient Cyclops in the Ocean of Tears. 22 hours

2)Venril Sathir in Karnors . 18 hours

3)Trakanon in Sebilis. 15 hours

Brutal.

You had to be unemployed to be able to keep up with the new virtual loot.

Soldato
ok, i'll pretend too that 13 year old kids haven't been trying and oft-times successfully hoodwinking their parents for generations.....:D

I merely left it out of my post because the OP seems to have covered the fact that he already is able to maintain his sons standards, and has already mentioned that he does this. Sometimes things just don't need to be said which is why I didn't. Not that it isn't a valid point, but it has already been covered hence no need to repeat imo.

Soldato
Tonight I'm trying to keep a diary of what he does so he can visually see where he is wasting time, may seem OTT, but I'm fed up of having the same argument every night week after week and being told it's my fault
I thought you were the parent of the house? Why does this sound like your child is running rings around you.

Tough love.....

Soldato
I merely left it out of my post because the OP seems to have covered the fact that he already is able to maintain his sons standards, and has already mentioned that he does this. Sometimes things just don't need to be said which is why I didn't. Not that it isn't a valid point, but it has already been covered hence no need to repeat imo.
dear god man, lighten up. i wasn't trying to 'debunk' your post. i was simply poking a little fun. :)

Soldato
So instead of resenting your parents like a normal teenager, you played video games whilst being up late and then becoming the person you now are?

C'mon dude, you're writing these hot takes for me!

I've done fine since leaving school, I passed my exams and went on to do A levels. I would've done better had i not stayed up till the early hours playing Counter strike though. It's a shame there's no excuse for your personality

Soldato
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...est-police-sydney-australia-a8675876.html?amp

Anyone thinking of letting their kids or indeed themselves play this game should watch this video!!! The game is a social experiment designed to bring out the worst in ppl.
Don’t be so stupid. That tit in the video would have reacted like that irrespective of the game he was playing. He’s obviously a grade A ****stain who needs jailing and a good ******* kicking. Not necessarily in that order.

Associate
My son is two years old so it's not an issue currently but we are planning on limiting games when he is older. I feel quite strongly about this as when I was a teen I was a loser who was only interested in gaming; so much time/life wasted I wish I could go back and give myself a shake.

I also don't think kids should have smart phones but that's another thread.

Soldato
Really tempted to ban this game, it's causing so many arguments at the mo with my teenager it's absurd.

I hate the fact that there is so much peer pressure over this game between him and his mates with v bucks and in game purchases, I cannot stand games like this, it's like the ea loot crate problem but ten times worse.

Has anybody else stopped their child from playing this game?. He is 13 by the way.

Simple solution, just move to China. Apparently they've just banned Fortnite for being to bloody and full of gore (despite it having none) along with a slew of other titles including PUBG, RoE, WoW and Diablo.

Soldato
Simple solution, just move to China. Apparently they've just banned Fortnite for being to bloody and full of gore (despite it having none) along with a slew of other titles including PUBG, RoE, WoW and Diablo.

This is a nation thinking ahead about it's youth and it's productivity.

Associate
could make him do chores around the house and things like that to earn money to get v bucks so that he learns that he has to earn things in life

Back
Top Bottom