1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy a £3000 GPU or ...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by lovelyhead, 26 Nov 2021.

1. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

Hear hear. If you could replace teraflops with a basic understanding of consumer psychology and remove the cancer that is youtube influencers then the PC gaming sector wouldn’t look so bleak.

2. lovelyhead

Wise Guy

Or how about this scenario:

Assuming Microsoft never changes their Xbox Live Gold to Gamepass conversion scheme. You could buy an Xbox Series X for £450 and then buy 3 years of Xbox Live Gold, convert it to 3 years of Gamepass for an extra £10.99 making 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate £112.96.

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/me...x-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

So for £3000, you could have an Xbox Series X and 67 YEARS OF GAME PASS ULTIMATE!!! 67 YEARS!!!

OK that one is a bit far fetched!

3. Harold lloyd

Gangster

[QUOTE="Console gaming is where it is at these days."[/QUOTE]

That's the point I'm making, basically PC, console, housing etc markets have gotten to humongous sizes due to the demand from population expansion, they've gotten too big and now its
    starting to go in reverse.

Do you really think the console market will survive if PC goes, they are two sides of the same coin.
    Don't forget The markets own MS/Nvidia/Intel/Amd etc and our little lives, as far as I can tell some kind of retribution is being given out by the huge markets now.

4. Alan McFall

Hitman

You could virtually drive any car for that price.. literally :cry:

[​IMG]

5. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

This guy speaks the truth

6. FoxEye

Caporegime

Good. Let it all crash and burn. The plebs don't have unlimited funds and won't put up with the absolute state of this market forever. Many have already left and spent their money elsewhere. Let them all go under by their own greed.

PS You can play CSGO on a calculator, so not sure why you mentioned that one...

7. subbytna

Capodecina

Exactly, but careful you don't annoy the Mods, can't be having anyone having a bit of fun.

8. subbytna

Capodecina

Don't attack the millennials, they bite.

9. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

did you factor in for the car road tax, mot, insurance?

10. Guest2

Capodecina

Awesome…for those that have eyes in the backs of their heads.

The GPU would orobably hold its value longer than the consoles & car

11. HangTime

Man of Honour

I'd rather have the GPU tbh.

12. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

They've all increased in value tbf. Given the prices of all of them are inflated right now, which ones stay inflated in X years time is anyone's guess.

13. fishboyuk

Gangster

Month or so back I bought a new turntable instead of a GPU and now I'm thinking a nice new Orange Valve guitar amp.

This thread is so relevant because I am actively avoiding spending my money on an overpriced GPU, instead choosing to spend it on other hobbies.

What's next? New guitar? Hifi amp and speaker upgrade?

14. Calin Banc

Wise Guy

So... is it a Shake Out or the currency is devalued? :))

Since the other PC components are relatively fine, the only "devalued currency" is the GPU.

15. Alan McFall

Hitman

I'd wager you can mount the monitor at the front if you don't have a VR headset.. 4000 series and RDNA3 are rumoured to be 2 -2.5 x faster than current gen.. I'm guessing they ain't gonna hold their price very long. Ofcourse they could always create an upper tier for 4000 series, charge £2000+ and only release 4070,4080 and 4090.. nothing would suprise me at this point - besides MSRP AIB GPU's.