Should I buy an XBox One X?

Associate
Got a PS4 Pro and 65 inch 4K Panasonic DX902, happy with both.

Seriously tempted by an X for native 4K games, espeically with RDR2 upcoming.

Amongst a well known sites deals of the day an X with Forza 4, Fifa 19 and NBA 2K 19 is £429.99

I've no interest in Fifa or NBA so they'll go straight on ebay or wherever and should sell pretty well.

So for the balance is it worth it? I reckon I should get about £80 for the 2 games less some eBay fees.

If the X is better (is it really?!) I would use that for Multiplatform games moving forward. no intention of getting rid of the Pro.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Associate
You can get a deal on Very for Xbox One X inc 3 games for £410...if you make a new account you get 10%off bringing it down to around £370.
And you still have an option to sell games if you dont want them.

Soldato
I have a PS4 Pro and original Xbone - and keep getting tempted with the XboneX; but I know that it would end up the same way as my Xbone; turned on once in a blue moon. Though being a OcUK-er, the better tech of the X keeps telling me to buy one :D

Never know, I may crack one day, and enjoy FH4/Kingdom Come/RDR2 with their graphical enhancements.

Associate
OP
You can get a deal on Very for Xbox One X inc 3 games for £410...if you make a new account you get 10%off bringing it down to around £370.
And you still have an option to sell games if you dont want them.

It looks like 2 of the 3 games are digital. I could sell Fifa for £40.00 and with the 10% discount I'm at the same sort of price as the other place and selling 2 games.

For me, the benefit of the One X comes from the ability to play games at 1080P 60FPS

I often find the graphical quality to be good enough already, but not the frame rate.

Not a bad thing I guess!

Associate
OP
I've just bought Spiderman and not even unwrapped it yet. So I'll play that and pick up an XB1X in time for RDR2 coming out. I'm sure there'lll be plenty of bundles/options kicking about. If I pick up a XB now Spidey will never see the light of the day!

Just over 3 weeks should be enough time to have some fun with that first!

Associate
OP
Definitely going to get one. I just want to crack on with Spidey first, otherwise it will gather dust. I've not enough time to play as it is and then there is Forza, RDR2, Tomb Raider and Battlefield V (when it that due out?) tempting me as well!

Plus I'm slowly (very slowly) playing through the Witcher 3 as well.

Associate
I've got the One X and Pro.

The One X is a great piece of kit. Forza 4 looks stunning running at 60 fps - a system seller for sure. Multiplatform games also run better on this machine and it runs silent even under duress. The Pro really gets noisey at times which can irritate, me anyway.

If I wanted one, I would try to hold out for Black Friday. I can see some circa £299 bundle deals as Sony and MS aim to shift volume in the run up to Christmas.

Soldato
Hmm no way the X is sold at £300. Even in Black Friday.
But yes get one, the Very deal is pretty great.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless you have a mega PC already then yes X is good value for money. It can play many games @ 4K with HDR. PC HDR is a mess. X also has 4K UHD Disc drive & playback. On PC again that is a big mess & expensive. There are not many exclusives but Game Pass is well worth getting if your not bothered about even owning the games for £7.99 a month you have instant access to about 100 top quality games & any new MS published games (even the latest Forza 4). Bear in mind you may also need an Xbox Live Gold sub as well if you play a lot of online games. Finally some of the X enhanced games are also well worth owning or playing. Fallout 4 & Dead Rising 4 are the main reason I bought an X about 6 months ago & for those 2 alone I am happy but also got several other decent games.

Caporegime
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've hit the button......£429 with forza, fifa and nba.

I'll sell fifa and nba so it should bring it down to around £350/£360 give or take.

I just need to leave it in the box until I have finished spiderman, there's a challenge!!

It's my birthday at the start of November and my missus asked what I would like, there's rdr2 in the bag!

Back
Top Bottom