Should I buy Gigabyte Aero 15W (2017) or MSI GS63 8RE?

Associate
Hello!

I need some help about choosing Gigabyte Aero 15W (2017) or MSI GS63 8RE for my new laptop. I'm a CS student, graduating this summer and will do a lot of machine learning and Matlab thingy.

I currently have a MacBook Pro 2012 with i5 3210M. It has 8G ram and 256 SSD but slow when multitasking. The aero 15w has 7700HQ + IPS panel, 60Hz deltaE < 1, while the gs63 has 8750H + TN panel, 120Hz but deltaE around 5. Both of them have 16G ram and 256 NVME SSD. GS63 costs around £100 more.

Which one should I buy?

Associate
Personally i would buy the Gigabyte, simply because the returns support for Gigabyte is much better than Msi, and with anything that expensive you want good customer support and not to be left with an expensive brick.

Soldato
I'm tempted by an Aero myself - trying to find what I need in a laptop at a sensible price point is absolute agony.

Must say I'm a bit worried about the reports of poor build quality when it comes to the screen hinge and also the keyboard itself - any Gigabyte rep able to address this because these reports are putting me off buying one?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I'm tempted by an Aero myself - trying to find what I need in a laptop at a sensible price point is absolute agony.

Must say I'm a bit worried about the reports of poor build quality when it comes to the screen hinge and also the keyboard itself - any Gigabyte rep able to address this because these reports are putting me off buying one?

Hi @Narj - We are confident in the build quality of all generations of AERO product, and although we accept there will be, and is always some negative feedback and reviews, for the most part end users have been more than happy with the quality of the products. There are some great prices on v8 models at the moment, and obviously there are now new gen version with RTX graphics on-board. Let us know if you have any model specific questions and we will endeavour to support you.

LAST FEW UNITS OF GTX MODELs

NEW GEN RANGE WITH RTX GRAPHICS

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Soldato
Thanks, @Atom80 - I'm considering the 15W v8, but I need to do a bit more research as the sensible part of my brain is screaming at the thought of dropping that much money on a laptop :)

Back
Top Bottom