should I buy gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming Intel Z370 ?

Associate
I really like the look of the gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra, it has everything I want from a motherboard in my budget, but with all the reports of VRM temperature problems I was wondering if any owners of this board have had any problems or would recommend it. It would be paired with and i7 8700k which I would overclock and would be used mainly for gaming.

Also how well does the fan control software work? Thanks.

Soldato
Have k3 and benched it for 12 hours and didn't blow up. Having airflow in any ease is key .
You'll also see VRM temps in other boards and brands have creeped up, one due to components that can take high heat, style heatsinks over fiction and lastly the rise of AIO which doesn't really get any airflow over the VRM unless their rad Dan's is above the board and inline with vrm

Case and point Lian Li PC-o11...

Q5HBPIb.jpg

Also run i7 8700k on itx version which has an even smaller heatsink at 5ghz and is fine .
Fan headers on Gigabyte boards are universal. Meaning plug in 3 pin/ 4 pin pwm or 2 pin sensor probe and it will auto detect it. Then can adjust auto settings on own fan curve j. Bios or software on desktop

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys guys, I ended up paying a little more and getting the Asus strix z370-e, as a friend of mine has one which he loves, and the included wifi and Bluetooth will be very nice for me.

Associate
OP
was it worth it to go from your 3770k to 8700k?
I went for the i5 8600k instead (overclocks like a beast). Day to day tasks are no different, but I moved up to 1440p gaming a short while back and my minimum fps in almost all the games I've tried so far are way better, with the average fps pretty much the same. Was it worth it? probably not, but I'm upgrading my gtx1070 soon also which might make it more worth while. But sometimes you just have to scratch that itch.

Associate
I'm sorry for reviving this really old post, but I have a relevant question here.

Are you sure you can plug a 2-pin sensor into the fan header? I currently have a Gigabyte z490i, and they're still using the smart fan tech on their mobos. I'm currently looking for ways to detect water temps with this mobo. 99% inline sensors with the display are inaccurate. That's why I have one option so far which is with aquacomputer's devices. Or there might be a way if you are referring to plugging in 2-pin temp sensor into the fan header. However, I think you are referring to something else.

If you really can plug a 2-pin sensor into their fan headers. How do you do it?

Have k3 and benched it for 12 hours and didn't blow up. Having airflow in any ease is key .
You'll also see VRM temps in other boards and brands have creeped up, one due to components that can take high heat, style heatsinks over fiction and lastly the rise of AIO which doesn't really get any airflow over the VRM unless their rad Dan's is above the board and inline with vrm

Case and point Lian Li PC-o11...

Q5HBPIb.jpg

Also run i7 8700k on itx version which has an even smaller heatsink at 5ghz and is fine .
Fan headers on Gigabyte boards are universal. Meaning plug in 3 pin/ 4 pin pwm or 2 pin sensor probe and it will auto detect it. Then can adjust auto settings on own fan curve j. Bios or software on desktop

Back
Top Bottom