Should I sign up for a throw away AWS account while I am developing my project?

Soldato
I want to start looking into AWS (originally I was going to use Azure but I think AWS probably has more industry support and it will look better on my CV). I've just started a new project that will be hosted entirely on AWS but because I've never used it before I was wondering if I should register using a throw away account just to test things out and learn how to use the free tier and then once my project is complete I can then register with my business details and start using the premium services that are not included in the free tier and use my business payment details?

Since it will just be learning I won't be doing anything fancy with the throw away account but I don't want to waste the free tier when I don't really know what I am doing which is why I want to use a throw away account.

Or should I just register for a proper account straight away?

Soldato
Pretty much what I did when I started looking at Azure. Created a throw away email address via the company I was working at, created a new account, got a few months free on Pluralsight and messed around on azure

Associate
I want to start looking into AWS (originally I was going to use Azure but I think AWS probably has more industry support and it will look better on my CV). I've just started a new project that will be hosted entirely on AWS but because I've never used it before I was wondering if I should register using a throw away account just to test things out and learn how to use the free tier and then once my project is complete I can then register with my business details and start using the premium services that are not included in the free tier and use my business payment details?

Since it will just be learning I won't be doing anything fancy with the throw away account but I don't want to waste the free tier when I don't really know what I am doing which is why I want to use a throw away account.

Or should I just register for a proper account straight away?

If you're going to play then my advice is to do it properly. A lot of developers use AWS just as a place to have a load of instances but to use it with any real purpose it's areas like VPC's and Lambda that you want to play with.

Back
Top Bottom