Should i update the Bios on my GB K7 X370?

Associate
So i've take the plunge with Ryzen, as OCUK were selling the 1700x for just £150, and i'm running that with a Gigabyte K7 X370.

Now i'm running the F21 bios and the latest is the F22 bios. However i have 64Gb of Corsair Ram running at 3200mhz.

It's common knowledge that you should always update the bios to the latest iteration. But i'm kind of thinking "if it aint bust, then don't fix it".

I've not overclocked the processor at the moment, and i'm running it with a Corsair H80i

Soldato
So i've take the plunge with Ryzen, as OCUK were selling the 1700x for just £150, and i'm running that with a Gigabyte K7 X370.

Now i'm running the F21 bios and the latest is the F22 bios. However i have 64Gb of Corsair Ram running at 3200mhz.

It's common knowledge that you should always update the bios to the latest iteration. But i'm kind of thinking "if it aint bust, then don't fix it".

I've not overclocked the processor at the moment, and i'm running it with a Corsair H80i

The latest bios is F23, if you have a look at http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1542/am4-beta-bios-thread?page=141 they are slagging it off big time, seems Gigabyte rushed out AGESA 1.0.0.4 to every AM4 board they've made to date without testing it properly, I would say, for now, don't bother, like you said, if it aint broken, don't fix it.

Associate
I've updated from F23F to F23 yesterday, no issue so far.
Best option is to run just single bios mode then save your old settings AND the bios to a usb stick. Press F12 to take loads of snaphots of all your main settings to .BMP for viewing later on the same stick before you upgrade. Reset to defaults before flashing the new bios. Any problems you can just reflash to the old bios and settings that you saved. Also If anything goes wrong you can just switch over to the other bios.
IE I have F4 on bios 2 and F23 on bios 1 so if anything goes wrong I just switch over to F4.

Back
Top Bottom