*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
I've got a shorter screen and high mudguard on order.

The standard guard gets a bit caked in the mud and i've butted the screen 3 times now. lol.

Soldato
Excuse the dirt...I've been ignoring the weather and putting miles on it :D Plenty of smiles!

duke690_1.jpg

duke690_2.jpg

duke690_3.jpg

Associate
ndom.jpg

First proper bike after my test, just back from trekking down the M4 to test it. 'scuse the dealer photo but it's not coming 'till Saturday :D

57 plate, 18k miles with Remus exhaust, hugger, Oxford heated grips, hand guards, vario screen, panniers and what I think (?) is the lowered gel seat. Which isn't much use as I'm topping 6'2" but I'm sure someone will want to swap :p.

Loving the parallel twin, power delivery is very different to my baby Vara or the CBF600 I trained on. Instant grunt as soon as you twist the throttle, but in a torque-y kinda way rather than trying to kill you. Remus can really makes it growl too :D

Just need to sell the Varadero now so I can afford to eat....

Associate
^ Just read (scanned) the thread. Man, they were taking the biscuit! Well done Honda though. Nice upgrade :D Wish i had something like that when i started. I had a KH125 :(

Its a HUGE thread fella!

Yeah I was thinking I should have got a YBR along the way but ending up with what I have now is a good compromise.

Its that nice that I actually want to keep it instead of using it as a stop gap till summer lol

Soldato
Seems a common theme! I had to involve Honda when my CBF125 started playing up and the dealership (another Scottish one) were useless. After a chat with the main director of the dealership they replaced the bike for a brand new one. However since I had lost faith in the servicing side of the dealer I sold it and went elsewhere.

Associate
Nice bike there Wolf but just remember, when filtering, your panniers are going to be the widest point and not the handlebars.

That's a very good point, thanks. I did notice that it felt quite narrow, and thought that would be nice for filtering. Also twigged that I couldn't see or 'feel' the panniers when riding. Hadn't really put the two together though!

Soldato
Honda replaced my brand new CBF125 with the CBR125R because my local dealer Victor Devine was taking the utter ****.

T55XiPh.jpg

Info on why Honda did my upgrade for free here ... http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=281543&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Nice. The only thing I don't like about modern sports bikes are the cans. Honda and Triumph are both guilty or making these low triangular square things instead of a good old fashioned tubed can.

Also, is that the lighting or is your back tyre a bit soft?

Associate
Seems a common theme! I had to involve Honda when my CBF125 started playing up and the dealership (another Scottish one) were useless. After a chat with the main director of the dealership they replaced the bike for a brand new one. However since I had lost faith in the servicing side of the dealer I sold it and went elsewhere.

Which one was it if you dont mind me asking? Seems to be a theme indeed with them :(

Associate
Nice. The only thing I don't like about modern sports bikes are the cans. Honda and Triumph are both guilty or making these low triangular square things instead of a good old fashioned tubed can.

Also, is that the lighting or is your back tyre a bit soft?

Have to agree with you there on the can design but I suppose they need to do something as the bikes of the past decade all look fairly similar.

Well spotted too!

cDjBoz2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom