*** Show us your bikes! ***

Caporegime
Lovely bike mate, I'm thoroughly enjoying your journey through larger capacity machines rather than jumping straight on to a litre bike.

Is this an addition or did you sell the last one?

Soldato
I traded it in against this, i don't notice many reviewers of this bike mentioning the heat it kicks out at the legs, i noticed it right away.

Does feel strange riding a bike of the physical size, so much bigger than the others i've had, i'll get used to it quickly and love it i'm sure.

There are zero marks on this bike, i don't think it's ever seen rain, mint condition, apart from the indicator i snapped off . :o

I'll get some good pics when i grab my camera.

Last edited:
Associate
New bike, just waiting on the Termignonis!

67 reg Monster 1200r, FDSH 1.p.o <5k miles

Pee'd it down today but I have never enjoyed riding in the rain as much as that!! :D

123123631_10158897451117889_4868922813135987187_o.jpg

Soldato
It's the best bike I've owned, and that's coming from a former 1098s owner too. There's nothing i dislike about this machine, the riding position is basically perfect for me too.

PS Termi's were ordered yesterday :D

I'll have to test one, only ever had the Hypermotard/strada - but the 950 is a tad too tall for my short arse, but I do miss the V twin thump.

Associate
I'll have to test one, only ever had the Hypermotard/strada - but the 950 is a tad too tall for my short arse, but I do miss the V twin thump.
The combination of lightweight wheels, öhlins and higher footpegs absolutely make the bike, it is so nimble and planted over our crappy roads. Definitely my favourite naked bike, with the traction control off the bike gives little skips and bucks during hard acceleration :D I did like the Superduke, Tuono and Speed Triple RS but this has the character they lack. Amazing machine, it may be the last of it's ilk so it was a must have purchase to experience such a bike.

Soldato
The combination of lightweight wheels, öhlins and higher footpegs absolutely make the bike, it is so nimble and planted over our crappy roads. Definitely my favourite naked bike, with the traction control off the bike gives little skips and bucks during hard acceleration :D I did like the Superduke, Tuono and Speed Triple RS but this has the character they lack. Amazing machine, it may be the last of it's ilk so it was a must have purchase to experience such a bike.

Currently on a Street Triple RS - and I completely agree, it misses the character of a Duke.

Associate
I'm in SE London, that pic was done this summer in Dorset. Me & missus decided to spend the heatwave somewhere in the countryside, never been anywhere really, decided to stay on an active farm in Dorset. Best holiday so far. It was a bit mind blowing - we eyed up the tallest point in the area, there was some conservation area, national heritage and a site where some oldest known fort was located, went up there for a view and found a field with grazing cows. View was amazing, twisty curvy hilly roads, sunset was stunning, absolute quiet cause no cars for miles and you could hear cows munching that grass.

Associate
Bought a 2012 Triumph Explorer about 3-4 months ago. Very clean example, 12,000 and FTSH.

jttsKyY.jpg

Then thought i'd have a go at powdercoating & cerakoting and set about having a play... also fitted a decat too :)

WoNwqKN.jpg
bURfxfB.jpg
9kHIkZA.jpg
kvxnSjn.jpg

Which has now left me at this stage:

HUnM1Vj.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought a 2012 Triumph Explorer about 3-4 months ago. Very clean example, 12,000 and FTSH.

jttsKyY.jpg

Then thought i'd have a go at powdercoating & cerakoting and set about having a play... also fitted a decat too :)

WoNwqKN.jpg
bURfxfB.jpg
9kHIkZA.jpg
kvxnSjn.jpg

Which has now left me at this stage:

HUnM1Vj.jpg
What a transformation, the bike pops now. Very nice job.

Man of Honour
ACtC-3eA0yr1boqToOgDQjLYUX9WjOzg6VpLy19TG1JK_PCV7fDzZSw_UB2Ek-1DCm96yt4j5TMALqQ2F0HQxZ5Hgyb2tIM4MOfHJLAXqa0ZBDBLivUH-6jjvUjYKu5WakDZ4Ld7pXyajEANz6YHqhOqB58zSQ=w1080-h915-no

Quickshifters are fun and that arrow can sounds epic!

Whoever signed off those stock mirrors needs a slap though, useless at seeing things great at getting in the way. Bar end mirrors are on the way.

Soldato
ACtC-3eA0yr1boqToOgDQjLYUX9WjOzg6VpLy19TG1JK_PCV7fDzZSw_UB2Ek-1DCm96yt4j5TMALqQ2F0HQxZ5Hgyb2tIM4MOfHJLAXqa0ZBDBLivUH-6jjvUjYKu5WakDZ4Ld7pXyajEANz6YHqhOqB58zSQ=w1080-h915-no

Quickshifters are fun and that arrow can sounds epic!

Whoever signed off those stock mirrors needs a slap though, useless at seeing things great at getting in the way. Bar end mirrors are on the way.

I miss my Street Triple, I had a Quickshifter on mine with Zard exhaust, the sound of the triple never gets old/boring... Good choice to go with new mirrors, I couldn't see past my arms with stock ones on

Back
Top Bottom